• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Over run with Ajis for 2017

Ending up with more lemon drops from seed than planned so this should be fun. Everything from Chileplants were plants,

2- Scotch Bonnet Yellow MOA ..from Chileplants
1- 7 Pot Yellow... from Chileplants
2- Early Jalapeno...from Chileplants
1- Mucho Nacho Jalapeno....Bonnie plant from Lowes
2- Lemon Drop from Chileplants and at least 17 seedlings from last years plants.
2-Aji Cito...from Chileplants
1-Thai Giant Orange..from Chileplants
2- Beni Highlands...from Chileplants
2- Gochugaru...from Chileplants
2-New Mex 64...from Chileplants
2- Super Chili Hybrid....from Chileplants
1- Tabasco....Bonnie plant from Lowes

10- Lumbre....seeds from Midwestchilehead.....100% germination rate BTW
10- Sandia Select...seeds from Midwestchilehead

12 plants in drip irrigation pots. Im still trying to decide which but they will all be the plants from Chileplants since they are not cheap
1 MOA and 1 Lemon Drop in test media of 3 part coco coir and 1 part perlite. Fertilizer will be CNS17Grow and a little worm castings
Upto 6 in Wally World bags...this might increase
1 of the bag plants will get the Ecoscraps coco based potting mix
Others in various pots on the deck
As many plants as i can get in the 64sqft ground plot....this one is all compost and Alaska fish and kelp pellets tilled into the soil....So more or less organic

ATM im using mostly Ecoscraps compost soil, Just Natural Mushroom compost, minimal amounts of peat moss and my last bag of Black Kow. First time trying the Ecoscraps stuff but it looks good sofar. I will probably get more of the good mushroom compost if needed.

New fertilizer for me is the Alaska fish and kelp pellets 4-6-6 with 7% calcium and a small bag of worm castings.

Got Lumbre?...Oh yeah i do...Thank you Midwestchilehead!!! All of them now have some pods like these.
q6JLlqd.jpg

F1iBM6Y.jpg

Thai Giant Orange is coming along nicely now
YlH21uo.jpg

O1aDENi.jpg

The cito on the deck in almost full sun is producing well but the upper canopy is kinda thin.
7lSjjZT.jpg

bqA5Gf5.jpg

My caged poblano is getting huge but still no pods....Might just be too hot...Not sure never grew them before. I see lots of spots starting though.
iTaTjKE.jpg

Another couple days and im gunna make a 7 Pot hot sauce!!!...I picked 3 today
wGVhwGv.jpg

Gud Mawnin!! First ripe CCN MOA but im not thrilled with the phenotype.
8HRLv5I.jpg

Cant wait though until the "Scotch Buttocks" turns LOL
BXLf1AM.jpg

First ripe CCN Lemon Drop
RZhInrq.jpg

This is my smallest lemon drop and a CCN plant. Very nice looking foilage for its size.
TMuuePR.jpg

The larger Cajun Belles are turning now.
RZvupnS.jpg

gLW3Y9Z.jpg

Really diggin the Lumbre production
kpyWsiT.jpg

And the ground plot with the crazy 5ft tall caged poblano that sill hasnt produced a pod. Heat has been murder on it.
T1oDj9g.jpg

MOAs are coming in
iyB7wfN.jpg

Smaller plant i have in the shade too
KSiqMBD.jpg

Loads of Citos and i just picked a bunch a couple days ago.
QRKv5Kh.jpg

My little Tabasco AFTER i picked around 30 green pods for Steak & Shake style pepper vinegar.
D3cqPWx.jpg

More Thai giant orange but im having a minor issue with end rot and no ripe pods yet. Not really on the end but close. Im sure they got enough calcium and i dont water till a slight wilt.
RRA2aMd.jpg

Lots of Beni Highlands almost ready and i just picked half a dozen
Rg7CPsa.jpg

Jalapenos out the wazzoo and this is just 1 of 5. All but 1 is loaded and only because i picked all of them on that plant hoping it will bloom again.
GUPnlWZ.jpg

Back