• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Over watered my seeds! Now what?

Hey everyone. I need some quick help. I soaked my seeds overnight, and planted in a "seed starting mix". I did the bottom watering thing after I got them in the soil, but added way to much to some of the cups... Now a few are still soggy after about 48 hours. Should I dump them and try to start over in dry soil, or leave them alone?? HELP!

Agreed with Alpha... Let em do there thang!
They should still be fine just don't wanna keep them floating in water. Let em dry up a bit and you'll be rockin!

I think you could drop a nuke on them and the little bastards would still grow...you'll learn to chill soon enough dude. I roasted seeds at 115 degree soil temps for a week, and once I fixed the problem, they all started popping up. The only reason you are trying to get everything perfect is to try and get them to grow at 100% it doesn't mean that if you don't get it perfect, they won't grow.

If you are making mistakes, that means you are doing something right....learning.

"A watched pot never boils: A watched seed never sprouts"

Happy Growing Cowboy.

You want the soil to be moist and not wet or dry, So if they are under a dome and wet, remove the dome lid to get some air to them to dry a bit, then put the lid back on. Btw a humidity dome lid is the way to go for germinating IMO.

Back