• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Over-Wintered reaper problem with photos.

All I did was prune it and bring it in the house in the original 5 gallon bucket. I topped it with new dirt and only watered when it was very dry.

Just recently I noticed this dead area on the main stem and it seems to be spreading downward. Should I snip this off just below the dead area or leave it be? Also getting spots on the leaves.

FullSizeRender%2017_zpsrzghut5z.jpg

FullSizeRender%2016_zpsoslyhgs0.jpg

You're probably overwatering, looks like a fungus problem.  Also, that's probably not a reaper.

try using some mycos and root enzyme like Sensizym and only water it when it wilts.

What soil are you using?  No perlite?  is it well draining?

Helvete said:
You're probably overwatering, looks like a fungus problem.  Also, that's probably not a reaper.

try using some mycos and root enzyme like Sensizym and only water it when it wilts.

What soil are you using?  No perlite?  is it well draining?

I've only watered when I couldn't feel any moisture as far as I could poke my fingers. Maybe 4 times since bringing it in.

I got the seeds from puckerbutt. What makes you think it's not a reaper?

Soil is Orchid Mix and Organic Choice from MG. Seems to drain well and is very light. This was my first grow and I got a lot of pods from this plant. It has always looked very healthy till about the last month.

IMG_3019_zpsdbsqkkur.jpg

iphone6%201295_zpsbhd0n65c.jpg

The berries do look like Reapers but makes me wonder why it doesn't have the dark trunks that are typically seen on HP22B plants, perhaps Ed bred that trait out by now or something?  In other words you pointing out a black (probably fungus related problem from seeing the leaves) made me notice that the trunk isn't black to begin with.  *shrug*

if you're inoculating with a mycos product  (ex: Great White), should help with a lot of fungus issues if you can keep the moisture low in the soil.  It's probably not BLS in particular but if you look up photos of black leaf spot you'll see how similar most fungal problems are.  If you go to any local organics/hydroponics store they can help you find a product to use.

20150409_185431_zpssy9yukin.jpg

Back