• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

oversize leaves ?

Is the leaves of Chocolate Habanero supposed to be that big ?

(and my hand is 20% bigger than yours ;) )

its 4" by 6" !!

photo180912204459.jpg

Yea My New Super Hots have leaves even bigger than That, Depending How Big your Hand is, I thought it was Because it was Healthy

Good to know its fine, i hope its a real habanero and not bell peppers

Lately they getting direct sun all day long

It's a sign they are getting enough light so the plant continues to make the leaves bigger instead of as much energy put into growing the plant higher for another set of new leaves. Usually it is the earlier leaves that get this big initially while it takes a while for later ones to do so. Definitely a chinense, possibly a habanero, definitely not a bell.

Those are the leaves of a Chinense, so it is not a bell. The leaves that I posted belonged to a Chocolate Habanero and a Brain Strain respectively.

Your hand is 4x6? Haha I noticed my chocolate habs have way bigger leaves than any other of my varieties. That plant looks to be maybe 3 months old. Younger plants and lower leaf sets will be big like that.

My TS plants had huge leaves like that, and I trimmed most of them. I didnt want my plant focused on growing huge leaves, I wanted it to grow tall and produce pods. Just my 2 cents!

Back