• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Overwhelmed. Can someone point me in the right direction?

willard3 said:
You are over thinking this. I will guess that you are completely new to growing anything.

Germinate the seeds in a warm place. and be patient.

It's hard to kill a chile. 
well said Willard!!
Caveman you and your babies will be just fine
thanks your friend Joe

My first season, I tried a few different methods.... my only growing space was an 8th floor apartment balcony so I decided on pots.... I germinated some directly in the pots, I geeminated some in smaller pots and some in plastic cups with a seed starting mix.... inside I had some in the same llastic cups and some in moist paper towels.... the plastic cups worked best, they were clear so I could easily see if they needed watered and if I gave them too much....
I'd say go with the simple methods with the least amount of investment, at first.... and let your growing area dictate what methods follow....

Well.  I just wanted to post an update.  Got sprouts.  Now to start thinking about more light for when they move to bigger pots :)

I know caveman is already on his way sprouting.  But, I thought I'd post this here if anybody is scrolling looking for more information on the germination station.

This is my first time germinating peppers and I'm getting great germination rates.  I have a germination station with a thermostat.  I find the germination station raises temperatures 15 to 20 degrees higher than the temperature of the room.  If you use a thermostat, you can see exactly how hot the soil is at any given point and it will turn off the mat if need be.

The ambient temperature in my room is about 50 to 60 degrees.  The station still worked for me by placing a blanket over the propagation unit.  It reached 85 degrees. 

As of now we have 100% germination (we only planted 6 seeds (at first) and they are all now happy little seedlings.  I like BiffaBacon's thinking.  Cheap is good.  :)

Back