• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintered plants growing slowly/oddly

I overwintered several pepper plants and I'm having what I think is unusual growth. When I overwintered I got hit by mites pretty bad towards the end of winter but all the plants seemed to make it through alright. I planted them outside in March. A couple plants--NM hatch-style peppers--did not survive the transition. However a bell, jalapeno, habanero and thai all seemed fine and started sprouting leaves. That's where things got weird. Each plant is only sprouting from one mid-point on a stem and all he leaves are really small. All but the jalapeno have thrown flowers and are starting to fruit. The leaves have all remained fairly small and are undersized compared to the new plants I added this year. This is my first time overwintering plants so maybe this is normal and I don't know any better.

Thoughts?

I think possibly the mites have overwintered with your plants, i noticed annum varieties faired a bit better than chinense varieties. Get a microscope and inspect, pictures would help too!!

Back