• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering overwintering revival question

Hi Guys

Once again thanks for your help in previous posts regarding cutting down peppers for over wintering and use of superthrive.

One quick question is there any rule of thumb to tell if peppers/chillis are goiung to be revived or if i need to chuck them out as they have died?(ie by a certain month or look of them) Any other hints to how to maximise the chances of them reviving other than keeping them moist and warm?

On a side note I am trying trinidad scorps and PIMIENTO PADRON(Russian Roulette chilli).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Russ

HI guys

I think the penny might have droppe. In my infinant wisdom I let the soil go bone dry and it says in the chilli mans guide to keep moist. Oh well back to the old drawing board with seeds.

Russ

I wouldn't throw them out just yet. I've let mine go VERY dry for long periods. If the plants have entered a state of dormancy they may still survive. In my experience, if the main stem still has a good hint of green in it then the plant is fine. If the main stem turns fully brown or black, then it's a goner.

thanks for gettign back to me donpachi. IS there any rule of thumb to say when they would be def worth throwing month wise.

Russ

Back