• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OZZ's indoor superhot grow log

I threw some seeds in some dirt, stuck them under a light, and watered them when I remembered...... and look what happened :lol:

When they get a bit bigger Ill stick them in my DR120 under a 600w digi .... if I think about it :rofl:

img3582y.jpg

img3589ad.jpg

img3590ec.jpg

img3584b.jpg

Thanks bud. The plants are now in the grow tent under the 600w Digi and have been transplanted into their 3 gallon containers. Ill try to get some pics up in the next day or two.

Well, thanks to some recommendations of other THP members I decided to ditch the tent, and hang the lights in open air. The plants are now about 2' tall and flowering. Today I placed an oscillating fan in the room to blow on them in hopes of pollination. Ill take some pics tomorrow of the set up.

I have some more pepper plants, as well as tomato plants and some others coming up so Ill be adding a 400w HPS to the 600 that is in there now.

More pics to come!

Alright guys, as promised heres the new pics. The peppers are doing great. Im still need to hang my 400w HPS in line with the 600 you see here, but until my seedlings get bigger theres no point in doing it now. I have more peppers, tomatos, and a bunch of other stuff that will be going up in here shortly. Off to the right you can see a 4' 4 bulb T5 hanging, Ill remove it and replace it with the 400w HPS when the upcoming plants get big enough.

Also, in another thread I was concerned about pollination. I have since added the oscillating fan, but I think I have another issue. My nighttime temps are getting pretty low in that room and I think that could have something to do with it. Today Im going to go grab a space heater that has a thermostate on it and set it at 70 deg so the temp doesnt drop to low during the night like it has been.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did keep a 4'x2' tent up for seedlings and other plants until they get big enough to go under the HPS. Theres a 4' 4 bulb T5 in there now.

Their coming along nicely... but still no fruit set. Temps are 75-80 degrees during lights on though, at night mid 60's so Im not sure if thats the issue. Ive had the fan blowing on them for about a week now to try to help with pollination.

We have fruit set! Only one that Ive noticed so far ... but its there. Also, I just transplanted a totem tomato into a three gallon container and stuck it under the light, as well as planted a few more seeds to go under there after awhile. At the very least, Ill have some fully mature plants to go outside come spring.

Ill get some pics up soon, but I believe the delayed fruit set may be due to low temps. The room is setting around 75-80 degrees during the day and around 65 deg at night. The caribbean red is starting to throw out pods left and right ... but none of the superhots are. All the plants are large and in charge however, easily around 3' tall now.

I just realized why Im getting no replies, because the thread got moved to the GLOG forum. lol ... no one looks in here.

Im not sure Ill update much longer, I like talking to myself and all but Im starting to hear an echo lol.

Ive planted several other pepper strains that I believe will do better indoors in lower temps then the superhots.... JUST in case they dont start throwing pods. Ive got a few hungarian wax, a few neopolitan peppers, and then also the tomato plants which I know do well indoors since Ive done it before. Ill keep the caribbean red since its producing pods now.

If within another month I dont get superhot pods Im going to move the superhots out from under the 600w digi and place them under a single shop light, to overwinter them until spring. At which time Ill stick them outside to produce. As mentioned they are large and mature... but I want production from this light so I might have to switch to different types of peppers if the SH's arent going to produce in the cooler temps of my house.

Thanks guys.

Its official! The yellow bhut, butch T, and caribbean red are all setting fruit. Its possible the chocolate bhut and yellow fatalli are too I just havent had time to get in and look closely. Heres a quick phone snapshot of them basking under the 600.

Nice grow set up, Ozzz - plants are awesome; like a little jungle there!

Back