beer Ozzy's Beginning brewing

Cracked open another One of my Blue Moon clones last night. 2 weeks after bottling and it taste great. Had a nice head when I poured it out and was really satisfying. Still can't wait to try the RIS. Bottles are definitely a little carbed up already. With the PET bottles it's easy to tell with a squeeze. Lol

So, it's Friday night and another 4 days under the cap, are you going to pick up an orange and pop the top on another one tonight?

RocketMan said:
So, it's Friday night and another 4 days under the cap, are you going to pick up an orange and pop the top on another one tonight?
Definitely need to grab an orange. I put another 6er in the fridge earlier. It's really good. I put one RIS in too. Can't wait to try it.
We've already gone through one 6er this weeks.

Still a ways to go. Taste pretty good still, but just barely carbed up. As scared as I was about the bottle bombs I expected it to be more carbed. Anxious to try another one next week.

grantmichaels said:
Tastes good, though? ...
Yep, it's been pretty consistent on taste. I definitely like it. It will be much better though once it's carbed up. It's STRONG too lol. I had a beer and a margarita earlier. We got home and had this beer a couples hour later and I could definitely feel it. Perfect for a RIS imo. I can usually feel the RIS's I like the most.

I think my favorite stout is oatmeal stout on steroids. I like the punch of being a little stronger, but I really prefer the oatmeal to the RIS given my druthers ...

Nailing my preference for a stout is what started this whole menagerie, and is still my ultimate focus.

As a matter of fact, the one I brewed will be two weeks in primary this weekend, and it's been done fermenting for 9-10 days now, so I'll transfer it later on, and get an final gravity, I think.

Mmmm stout!

grantmichaels said:
I think my favorite stout is oatmeal stout on steroids. I like the punch of being a little stronger, but I really prefer the oatmeal to the RIS given my druthers ...

Nailing my preference for a stout is what started this whole menagerie, and is still my ultimate focus.

As a matter of fact, the one I brewed will be two weeks in primary this weekend, and it's been done fermenting for 9-10 days now, so I'll transfer it later on, and get an final gravity, I think.

Mmmm stout!
That Barney Flats is one of the best oatmeal stouts I've had for awhile. I found a clone recipie I may try out. While I l love the RIS I usually only drink 1-2 at a sitting. They're too strong to drink just those on a Sunday during football season.

Oh damn!...carbonation is in effect yo!

And I'm hammered off my homebrew tonight lol. :drunk:
Fantasy football draft party was fantastic! The beer was too. The RIS has mellowed a lot over the 2nd week since bottling. I had 2 of those and 6 of the Blue Moon clone which we eventually named Brooke Moon for my wife lol. I'm super excited how good the RIS was for my first brew. Can't wait to jump into the AG this weekend.

Back