• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

Even with all that rain things are looking great over there buddy! That pic a few updates back of the Maui Purple is awesome! I love the flag blowing in the wind flower and the pepper looks like a black unicorn's horn.

I've never had a Fructecense (spelling??) or a pubescence. Tried growing a few this year (hell I still might have one or two) but my labeling system failed miserably and I don't have much a clue as to what's going to manifest in my garden this year....haha I'll pray for a short drought to pass your way dude.

Your photo skills are so freakin awesome! What color are your pubes? Are they blonde, brunette or are they Gingers? I like the Yellows and Oranges better than the reds or chocolates...but they're all good. A much different flavor than any other pepper...and the longest burn of anything I have tried. Surprisingly hot too! Your grow is so neat and organized...I need to put more of my OCD into my pics and garden!

Thsnks for the bump guys.

Yellow Primo
RSCN5007.jpg

Orange Primo
DSCN4715.jpg

Mutant Douglah
RSCN4888.jpg

C.tovarii
RSCN4850.jpg

CGN19198
RSCN4745.jpg

C.flexuosum
RSCN5009.jpg

RSCN5012.jpg

DSCN4705.jpg

Trippa said:
Nothing to add here .. I think the photos say everything .... Nice work prod!!
Thanks Tripps,how is your fall/winter going? Did you get your list narrowed down?

stc3248 said:
Your photo skills are so freakin awesome! What color are your pubes? Are they blonde, brunette or are they Gingers? I like the Yellows and Oranges better than the reds or chocolates...but they're all good. A much different flavor than any other pepper...and the longest burn of anything I have tried. Surprisingly hot too! Your grow is so neat and organized...I need to put more of my OCD into my pics and garden!
Can't wait to try them. I have White,brunette,red,ginger,blonde going currently. OCD was fun years back,now I never have any time,so it leads to a lot of frustrations. If that makes any sense.

3/5King said:
Even with all that rain things are looking great over there buddy! That pic a few updates back of the Maui Purple is awesome! I love the flag blowing in the wind flower and the pepper looks like a black unicorn's horn.
I've never had a Fructecense (spelling??) or a pubescence. Tried growing a few this year (hell I still might have one or two) but my labeling system failed miserably and I don't have much a clue as to what's going to manifest in my garden this year....haha I'll pray for a short drought to pass your way dude.
It rained last too,what do you know. How is everything going Dave? You get that 10k in?

millworkman said:
Awesome shots dude!
Thanks Noah,start shopping for your '14 season. Looks like I will have a solid amount of sees.

Pr0digal_son said:
 OCD was fun years back,now I never have any time,so it leads to a lot of frustrations. If that makes any sense.

Yup! Then you start obsessing about time management! Life keeps no schedule...it tosses you a couple curves and a knuckle and your struggling to reschedule and obsessing about it even more. Kinda like trying to sleep when you only got a few hours to do it..."If I fall asleep right now, I can get 3.5 hrs...Ok, Ok...if I fall asleep right now, I can get 3 hrs..."

Pics are great! Those are some Super Flexy Flowers! 

stc3248 said:
Yup! Then you start obsessing about time management! Life keeps no schedule...it tosses you a couple curves and a knuckle and your struggling to reschedule and obsessing about it even more. Kinda like trying to sleep when you only got a few hours to do it..."If I fall asleep right now, I can get 3.5 hrs...Ok, Ok...if I fall asleep right now, I can get 3 hrs..."

Pics are great! Those are some Super Flexy Flowers!
I count hours on a daily basis,sometimes 1/2 hours. Hold off eating until 10 at night and you can save that 30 minutes of daylight to finish the grass. My free time is at work... crazy.

romy6 said:
Dialed in JB. Pics amazing as usual and flower shots, well let's just say you have the flower power  :party:

I bow to the master   :P
When the sun comes out they should get back on pace. They are lagging a bit. Thanks J

Wow wow wow that is all I can say. My 19198s are still babies but they are growing fast. That flexousum is amazing how big is it?

Awesome photography and an amazing grow. Are you using the flash on the point and shoot? I have the same issue as you, if I cannot get morning sun I have to almost wait until dark to get shots. Simply an amazing grow!

Just got caught up on your whole glog. Was fun to search out the Mata Frade as I went along. What a beautiful plant!! Have you had its pods before? Can't wait to see what they look like.

John, I agree with what Doc Brent said but would even say that the cgn19198 flower looks as if it were trimmed, isn’t nature wonderful & beautiful \o/

Everything else is spectacular and I’m even overlooking the dirt that Jamie spotted ;) The pubescens looks incredible, what are you doing to keep them looking so great? Heck I don’t even see the yellow you say from all the rain.

Not Infinity Yellow Yellow, 7 Pot Red, Orange Primo … dem look wicked mon … love dat backside C.flexuosum picture. Great job, keep up dat awesome grow mon and have a great week!

Finally got a chance to scope out at least the last few pages.  
Looks like a fantastic grow goin' there, and your pics are to die for!

Continued success your way. John!

Nightshade said:
Wow wow wow that is all I can say. My 19198s are still babies but they are growing fast. That flexousum is amazing how big is it?
Maybe 15". It is just starting to grow now.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Awesome photography and an amazing grow. Are you using the flash on the point and shoot? I have the same issue as you, if I cannot get morning sun I have to almost wait until dark to get shots. Simply an amazing grow!
I don't use the flash on full plant shots,they never come out right.It makes them look like plastic. I do like to take pod and flower shots with the flash on though.You can get some nice detail.I wait until it is completely dark and use a led head lamp(also helps navigating the garden at night) to give a mild illumination to the pod or blossom. Too close and the picture washes out. I keep it far enough back that I can focus cleanly. I have the flash turned down to as low as possible -2.0 on my camera. Maybe not the textbook method but it works. It gives it a nice effect I think and decent detail. I can't shoot RAW and I don't have time to photoshop so it is my best option.

adamk2212 said:
Just got caught up on your whole glog. Was fun to search out the Mata Frade as I went along. What a beautiful plant!! Have you had its pods before? Can't wait to see what they look like.
They are a chinense with a small round pod like most of the wilds. A great looking plant from seedling to full grown. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. This is for other members more than myself.

WalkGood said:
John, I agree with what Doc Brent said but would even say that the cgn19198 flower looks as if it were trimmed, isn’t nature wonderful & beautiful \o/

Everything else is spectacular and I’m even overlooking the dirt that Jamie spotted ;) The pubescens looks incredible, what are you doing to keep them looking so great? Heck I don’t even see the yellow you say from all the rain.

Not Infinity Yellow Yellow, 7 Pot Red, Orange Primo … dem look wicked mon … love dat backside C.flexuosum picture. Great job, keep up dat awesome grow mon and have a great week!
The CGN19198 has a rotate flower shape and sometimes the tips of the petals curl back. I notice that on some of the wilds,small or ornamental annuums,and especially frutescens,they do it more than any other species IMO. I should have posted another photo to clear up any confusion. Chiles aren't generally known for their beauty but I am a fan. The tovarii flower is the one I have been battling to shoot. They are yellow and the streaks inside are a green color so the contrast is hard to capture. Last week I had every kind of light known to man and I was about 30 shots in and found the perfect combo for a perfect shot. I set the timer and I am licking my chops.... 10..9...8..7..6..5..4..3..2....battery dies on me! aaaarrrggghhhhhh

RSCN4594.jpg

PaulG said:
Finally got a chance to scope out at least the last few page .  
Looks like a fantastic grow goin' there, and your pics are to die for!

Continued success your way. John!
Just not the same with you here only periodically! A huge void in the glogs. I hope you are enjoying your retirement! Thanks for checking in my friend.

I've been slacking...well just plain busy I guess...but anyway got caught up here and the photography is of course fantastic. Love the night shots. I just bought a L820 last week, our small cam crapped, and you and several have been using the coolpic cams with great results. I was able to borrow one and test drive it prior to purchase. I still need to figure it out...but damn you have!

Your grow is doing REALLY well, impressive plants!

My bro doesn't live to far from you and I've been trying to get him to visit and look what the skilled growers up north are doing...

Happy plants!

I can't tell from my phone but are those pods on the flexousum? Wow barely over a foot. I have tried a couple dried eximium pods I think one was 19198 and they tasted like popcorn let me know how they taste fresh

Excellent work with the detail.........especially, while being under the "weather conditions".....I see it's  rained more than you need, but the plants look fine....green as can be.

You sure have the early "hots" podding up. Most likely a bumper crop for you. The ow's will be loaded..........wait til Sept. ...you'll be snipping the pods just like the old time barber haircut with the scissors..............no joke(s)

I'm looking forward to viewing more of the spot on .....photography

Devv said:
I've been slacking...well just plain busy I guess...but anyway got caught up here and the photography is of course fantastic. Love the night shots. I just bought a L820 last week, our small cam crapped, and you and several have been using the coolpic cams with great results. I was able to borrow one and test drive it prior to purchase. I still need to figure it out...but damn you have!

Your grow is doing REALLY well, impressive plants!

My bro doesn't live to far from you and I've been trying to get him to visit and look what the skilled growers up north are doing...

Happy plants!
Most cams now will give you some nice options. Small sensor will limit you alittle but a nice start. Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Whete is your brother located? Chilehead?

Nightshade said:
I can't tell from my phone but are those pods on the flexousum? Wow barely over a foot. I have tried a couple dried eximium pods I think one was 19198 and they tasted like popcorn let me know how they taste fresh
Some pods hanging on it. I will let you know about the flavor.

Found another intetesting Not Yellow Infinity today.

DSCN5022.jpg

I think these Fatalii pods grew overnight.
DSCN5030.jpg

Birgit Locoto
DSCN5018.jpg

I will start showcasing some pods and plants I have not posted yet in my next update. Have a safe holiday folks.
PIC 1 said:
Excellent work with the detail.........especially, while being under the "weather conditions".....I see it's  rained more than you need, but the plants look fine....green as can be.

You sure have the early "hots" podding up. Most likely a bumper crop for you. The ow's will be loaded..........wait til Sept. ...you'll be snipping the pods just like the old time barber haircut with the scissors..............no joke(s)

I'm looking forward to viewing more of the spot on .....photography
Good to see you Greg! I have been wondering when the OW's were going to start making pods. Found 30 or so pods on my Douglah today that I know weren't there yesterday. Have a safe weekend,I'm sure you have some good food lined up.

Damn man lookin great. Making me feel like a bisnitch, I'm further south and wish I had pods like that. Keep up the good work!

Back