• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

My appologies to all for slacking the last couple months. Chasing Smallmouth has been eating up a lot of my time and the Steelhead are starting to run.Chiles are on the backburner for now.I am officially starting to yank my plants. Normally I would let them go on until frost but I just want this to end. A few special plants may get cut, cleaned and put into a friends greenhouse,and like with everyone,I am tossing around ideas for 2014 already.

10047420093_612ff43bd7_b.jpg

Here are a couple beasts from the garden this season. Thanks to Chris for the Verdadeira seeds,biggest chile plant I have ever grown. Only about 5' tall but atleast 11' wide,plant has 1,000s of pods still on it.
10281491164_556fd08a03_b.jpg

Birgit's Locoto from wayright.
10281130975_75c4c61e80_b.jpg

Thanks to all the members who have checked in,inspired,and helped me again this year. Not the best weather but good results and knoeledge gained.

1Corinthians 3.7
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

+1 on the great season and ready for some down time....but then why do have seeds starting already? Definitely don't want to run from Jan to Nov. again next year, I want late June to be it.

Wish I had a beautiful river near here with fish in it.

Have a great week!

John I know da peppers are done and pulled but how’s da fishing? We’re just into season now and da mullet are running strong in our rivers and beaches. So I’ll be now fishing as much as time permits … good luck on da WaterMon!

Edit: for dem dat don't know mullet is very good bait fish down here. Plus on our west coast they smoke them and they can be found for sale almost everywhere.

Hab a great day!

Hi It's beautiful .I'm from China. I admire your pictures.

Wow,
I saw your picture on the last page,
Really handsome!

Hi, I want to know the name of this chili【 the small and yellow pepper].
  It's so cute. Thank you .

Back