• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Palo Alto Firefighters Habanero XX Pepper sauce

XXHabanero8.5oz.JPG

Just wanted to give a quick review of this sauce. I don't normally do reviews but this sauce is absolutely delicious!  I first came across this sauce on a trip out to San Fran for work. Brought it home and have since order and gone through multiple bottles. I use it on pretty much everything!

Taste:   It has a very distinct taste that is heavily influenced by paprika. The paprika provides a rich flavor but at the same time isn't over powering. After the distinct paprika flavor it gets equally matched with jalapeno, habanero and vinegar finishing notes. Over all it provides a great flavor kick to anything I have added it to.

Heat:  In terms of heat, it is actually rather mild for it being their hotter habanero sauce. I would say its on the same level as your store brand sauces such as Tapatio or Tabasco maybe a little hotter.

Color:  You can see in the picture it is a deep paprika red color and looks really nice.

Viscosity:  I would say the sauce is about in the middle in terms of viscosity, maybe slightly on the thinner side. I find that it covers most things i put it on and doesn't thin out when applied to hot food. It holds true very well.

Over all, one of the best sauces i have tried to date and will continue to order more!

Back