• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Parasite plants

I have had 3 plants in my greenhouse that have had some kind of what seems to be some kind of parasite plant get attached to them. The parasite is a very light lime green in color, shows no leaves, just a long grapevine like stem that wraps around & around the stem,attaching to the plant stem with suckers that seem to penetrate the stem. The parasite stem is about 1mm in diameter. There is a root that is almost to thin to see. The parasite showed up on 2 pepper seedlings & 1 zinnia seedling. The only things in common is they were all in the same greenhouse, an all grown in miracle grow organic garden soil Help!!!!!!!!!!

Can we see
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
?????

Ok, I have found out that my plant problem is a Dodder vine.It is a parasite, will produce a thousand seeds per vine. This had to have come in the Miracle-Grow Organic Garden Soil that I potted my plants in Look this vine up on the net. Spread the word about the potential dangers of using this damn Miracle-Grow soil See ya. Chilidon.

So far MG soil has beeing workign wonders for my bhuts.. They are getting massive and bushy as all hell..

AND i didnt sterilize it this time. When i have rare plants I usually sterilize the soil if i plan on keeping it wet.

Back