Parsons Potent Chili Penguin Pepper

Yes Parsons Potent Chili Penguin Pepper ! Its 5 times hotter and 5 times larger than a typical piquin. I am looking for Yellow or Red Penguin Pequin Pepper. The only link I can find is dated. I only need a few seeds.

I wouldn't believe all the hype. From the pics I've see it looks like a regular pequin and I don't think its likely to be 5 times hotter.

A
IMG_20130815_163113_052_zps22edba77.jpg

Texas penguin is mighty rare

buI i found some ripening

I spoke to the guy via email back then Gary.  I wanted the yellow pods seeds.  He said the red occaisionally pops out a yellow pod or two.  I still think this is the SmiterQ plant.

capsidadburn said:
I spoke to the guy via email back then Gary.  I wanted the yellow pods seeds.  He said the red occaisionally pops out a yellow pod or two.  I still think this is the SmiterQ plant.
Cool Mike! Did you ever order from him? I find the quirkiness of his site compelling...

joemomma said:
Here's my texas penguin. It was growing wild until i brought it home in a home depot homer bucket
2013-07-31_17-23-56_262_zpse9bdccb8.jpg
Beautiful plant Wes! How long have you had it?

No. As I already had what I considered to be the same plant. A person would probably have to grow 50 or 100 to get the yellow mutation come out of hiding. Yes it was a little on the quirky side.

windchicken said:
Cool Mike! Did you ever order from him? I find the quirkiness of his site compelling...

Beautiful plant Wes! How long have you had it?
Thanks man! I've had it just this season but my buddy had them growing wild in his daughters backyard for several years and dug them up when his grandchildren started playing with them and then graciously gifted me with this one

joemomma said:
Thanks man! I've had it just this season but my buddy had them growing wild in his daughters backyard for several years and dug them up when his grandchildren started playing with them and then graciously gifted me with this one

Wow, so most of that grow occurred when it was an in-ground volunteer? Amazing! In the DFW area?

capsidadburn said:
Here is a pic and no.

Mike, I can see why you considered yours to be the same as the "Penguin Peppers"--really beautiful--classic Pequin phenotype. That plant is from Brian's seed? How many starts did it take? You may remember I did 6 starts from his seed last year, and got only one (photo below) that grew anywhere near the classic Pequin phenotype...The other 5 gave me mushy little Jalapeño-shaped pods with zero heat....

Mine are globular and pendant, while yours are oblong and erect....I wonder if I should even bother trying to get Pequins from this plant...Maybe I should just consider it yet another Pequin variation?

pequin1.jpg

Last year I am not sure how many I had, 3 to 5 maybe.  I gave them away to friends.  They were mild heat, unlike the pods Brian brought to my house.  Last years pods were more oblate like your OW.  I'll have to check out my pics to see if they were pendant or not.  This years plants three I think seem to be mushy fairly quickly or maybe I have ignored the ripening pods. 

I think yours are pendant just because of your mad skills with heavy production. :P   Yours looks just like what he brought to me.  He left my house with a car load of nine plants to overwinter.

I'll try to check out my old pics.  Later

Back