• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Passow Review's Frank's Red Hot

For everyday use I tend to agree with your review. I do use Frank's Red Hot mixed with Frank's Extra Hot, and a little butter for wings. It is not the best, by any means, but isn't bad as a base (it does tend to be a little salty). I am looking for a better wing sauce. I believe that its' only purpose in life is as a quick, easy, and cheap wing sauce. I too made the mistake of throwing some on a few tacos at work. It was the only sauce in the fridge. The very next day I put a bottle of Ralphs' Righteous in the fridge.......that will fix it.

Ok, Franks is cheap mass marketed stuff. It's bland. It's not pretty. But it is so much better than the original Tabasco. I am going on the record to say that I hate the original Tabasco brand sauce.
TTFN.

Hank]Ok said:
so[/B] much better than the original Tabasco. I am going on the record to say that I hate the original Tabasco brand sauce.
TTFN.

Here I go again.......I beleive that every sauce has its' place. Tabasco goes extremely well on pepperoni pizza, eggs, and hash browns. Beyond that, its' got nothin'.

sixstring75 said:
I am looking for a better wing sauce.
Look no further, go get any of the Defcon sauces, they are by far the world's best wing sauce.

Hank] I am going on the record to say that I [B]hate[/B said:
the original Tabasco brand sauce.
I'm with you on that one!:cool:

Ever been up in a 40' silo in July shoveling last year's corn silage down the chute? Its hot, its dirty, and it smells bad....smells bad just like Tabasco sauce. That's all I can think of when I smell that vile red goo. Silage. Old and sometimes moldy and stinky and hot.

There, now you know my weakness. Prey on it.
7.gif

imaguitargod said:
Look no further, go get any of the Defcon sauces, they are by far the world's best wing sauce.

I'm with you on that one!:cool:

Defcon has been on my list, just haven't picked it up yet.

I also forgot to mention that Tabasco is also great on french fries and popcorn. Even if it smells like silage.

[quote name='Hank]Ever been up in a 40' silo in July shoveling last year's corn silage down the chute? Its hot' date=' its dirty, and it smells bad....smells bad just like Tabasco sauce. That's all I can think of when I smell that vile red goo. [I']Silage.[/I] Old and sometimes moldy and stinky and hot.

There, now you know my weakness. Prey on it.
7.gif
[/quote]

Check out the Natto and Cuitlacoche articles at this link. Hell read them all, this guy cracks me up.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php

imaguitargod said:
Just posted my newest review:
Passow Reviews Frank's Red Hot

I hear Tina has a thing with this product as well...
=============================================
:cool: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Negative 1!!!!!

Dude....Frank's is the ultimate unhot sauce. I tried it once......only once. Man, is that stuff nasty. Great review. Like you, I tend to be gentle, but sometimes, you have to tell it like it is.

Get the MILD Defcon1. It's great, but some folks took off from my booth after trying it. Some had hiccups. Must need more heat than it has.:lol: :)

tinner666 said:
Get the MILD Defcon1. It's great, but some folks took off from my booth after trying it. Some had hiccups. Must need more heat than it has.:lol: :)

Hiccups are a sign someone has reached their tastebuds Nirvana.

Back