• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patrick's 2013 Grow Log

First off I would like to thank Millman for the inspiration to get off my duff and get the 2013 season started.

This list is probably not complete and I haven't figured out how many of each I'm going to grow. Or I should say attempt to grow. Me and Ma Nature ain't been seeing eye to eye lately. I'll be sacrificing some chickens or toads or what ever it takes to get her off my back soon. Burn some incense and do some chants? Convert to druidism? I'm open to suggestions. Anyway off to the list!

7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot BS, Orange
7 Pot BS, Red
7 Pot BS, Yellow
7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Rennie
7 Pot White
Antillies Fire
Bengle Naga
Bhut Jokokia, Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia, Caramel
Bonda Ma Jacque
Carolina Reaper
C. Rhomboideum
Douglah x T.S. Butch T F3
Habanero, Purple w/stinger
Infinity
JPL#1 (Classified)
Nagabon
Orange Blob F2
SB7J, F1 + F2
Trini Scorp Butch T, Judy/Hippy
Trini Scorp Morouga Blend, Hippy
Trini Scorp, Morouga

To the wonderful peeps who have sent me seeds please forgive me if they aren't listed. Once I figure out where I put them I'll add 'em to the list.

Best of luck to all of you on your 2013 grow.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

A quick post-by with a pic. Things are moving along like they should. Weather is beginning to cool off so growing is about done for this year. A pic of what I just snagged from a couple of plants. A few TS Morouga from CPI, Yellow TS from SS seed, an F3 SB7J that has nothing in common looks wise with the F2 and a couple of yellow Brain Strains.

DSC03338_zps5a9c2606.jpg

See ya soon.

Hi gang!

I picked a few more today and wanted to stop by and show them off.

002_zps9cbddd0f.jpg

Most of them are TS Morouga's from CPI seeds. I can't say enough about these. The plants are the most prolific superhots I've ever grown, the pods are big, the flavor is there and the heat comes in spades. I have two Carolina Reapers that are producing, one has the advertised look but the pods are on the small side, reminds me very much of the 7 Pot Primo but the tails aren't quite as long and gnarly. The other plant is full of small to medium sized pods that look more like a Bhut Jolokia without the pimples. I'm not a fan of how the Reaper came about. Maybe in time it will be consistent and live up to the hype.

If anyone would like to see pics of the individual pods just let me know and I'll make it happen. Thanks for stopping by and my best to one and all.

Thanks Devv.

I figured I had enough to run the dehydrator and was right.

DSC033431024x768_zps1d8c0170.jpg

I've been growing these for a few years now and I have to say this is the first time I've ever had an issue with just cutting them in half to dehydrate. I ended up with 3.5 trays of the Trini Scorp Morouga from CPI and before I was a third of the way through cutting them I was in a little distress. Not pain but sneezing, snot running and a wicked itch in the back of my throat. I think the powder is going to be evil. Can't wait.

The pods look great! Glad the pull is enough to load up the dehydrator :party:

Well I learned to wear gloves when processing, not that my hands burned...for some reason they don't..it's just later on when places burn that shouldn't, I need not elaborate :D

I've taken to using one of those 3m Darth Vader looking respirators when making powder, even outside it tears me up.

Have a great week!

Did that Reaper from way back ever make it?

Devv I know what you're referring to! I did the same damn thing to myself today! Man I hate that. I use a respirator too and the TS Morouga's from CPI got through today when I was grinding. Nose was running and I was sneezing my arse off. The inside of the respirator got nasty, didn't get it off in time for the first sneeze. Gross. Ha! I'm not sure about that reaper, I think it ended up at my sons. If that was the one then yep, it did OK for him. I know two of his coworkers learned about being miserable after eating one. Dumb asses.

Got the first batch of power done. Mostly the TS Morouga's with a few Reapers and 7 Pot Brain Strains thrown in for good measure. I ended up with about four ounces weight wise.

IMG_20131012_083648_271_zps2f706023.jpg

The only way to describe this stuff is "weapons grade". No bull.

Nice to see your peppers were not totally neglected while you burned the pavement with your not so new toy.  ;)

I personally would love some individual pics of the pods. I am sure many others would agree.  :party:

The powder looks amazing  :fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball:

Looking good buddy !!!  Who you going to pick on with the "weapon grade" ???  lol.  Hope your still getting in some riding time with the new toy.  Everything is looking good amigo !!

Back