• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

pc - war games

:lol: yeah don't bother buying war games for the PC when you can have it in reality. He was desperate to go on the computer earlier as his laptop's really dead so while I was busy sorting out the washing I said he could go on the computer over the window I was on. I didn't think he'd go through the site though, how nosey? I'll have to have words with him about the over-use of capital letters though.

Battlefield 2 is fun - especially online with 64 players per side. Some of the maps are impossible though with the planes taking over everything.

Omri said:
That's so wrong... get him to play:
  • Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
  • Battlefield 1942
  • F.E.A.R.
and stuff like that... ya know, the good stuff. :D
He's at that age where you influence his taste in video games. :lol::lol:

Yeah as you can see I have such good Parental Control.

rainbowberry said:
Yeah as you can see I have such good Parental Control.
Oh c'mon, I bet he's an obedient little kid. :lol:
Kids fool around (not in that sense :lol:)... that's what they do.

thanks for all the responses, I'll be checking them out online now to see what stands out. I've have a few of the Medal Of Honor series on PS2 and they were pretty good.

threading on from Omri's last post - you remember being a kid don't you RB? you were one once, weren't you???

rainbowberry said:
MEDAL OF HONOUR AIRBOURNE
SILENT HUNTER 3
BROTHERS IN ARMS THE ROAD TO HILL 30
BATTLE FIELD 2

BY RB'S SON CONNOR AGE 12

Gotta Love those Medal Of Honor Games Connor :lol:

chilliman64 said:
I can't believe you have a 12 y/o son RB, you only look 22 yourself

Yeah it can sometimes be a bit embarrassing when his friends think he's dragged his older sister along to parents evening.

EDIT: Talas knew about him because when ever he plays up Talas is usually one of the first people I moan too.

rainbowberry said:
Yeah it can sometimes be a bit embarrassing when his friends think he's dragged his older sister along to parents evening.

EDIT: Talas knew about him because when ever he plays up Talas is usually one of the first people I moan too.
Lucky kid. :lol:

chilliman64 said:
hey dudes. I've recently discovered that I like war/battle games on pc. I'm not into first person shooter games.

I was recommended by a friend to get Civ IV (turn based) but found that it took such a long time to get to the stage where you could wage any significant type of attack due to the slow nature of building up your nation and producing farms and mining etc.

If you can find it play Civ 3 PTW much faster less 3d graphics -- different world sizes and we can play against each other as well. I have Civ IV as well

I've never gotten into the third person games so much....

I play the Call of Duty games and Medal of Honor, but i like Call of duty better...

Call of duty 4 'modern warfare' is the most kick ass game i have play thus far...and the graphics are out of this world...

and the internet gaming version of it rocks as well.

I just got my hands on Medal of Honor 'Airbourne' and i'm enjoying that also but can't wait for them to release call of duty 5, which is on the cards soon i think.....

I miss Warcraft I; it forced you to plan a city around roads, you could construct walls for your city; yeah fun game... Warcraft II was good, not a fan of warcraft III, Starcraft was good, suposedly Starcraft 2 will be amazing.... oh wait, realistic war games... I got nothing

Sid03SVT said:
I miss Warcraft I; it forced you to plan a city around roads, you could construct walls for your city; yeah fun game... Warcraft II was good, not a fan of warcraft III, Starcraft was good, suposedly Starcraft 2 will be amazing.... oh wait, realistic war games... I got nothing
1. Warcraft II is *the best* Warcraft game EVER, and one of the best games in general (IMO).
2. Not much of a Starcraft fan...
3. Rise of Nations is pretty much it when it comes to "real" and still not realistic.

IMO :D

rainbowberry said:

when I was a kid I remember one of my mates was really popular because he had a super hot mum - we didn't even know about milfs then but she sure was one!

I didn't know about them either until someone mentioned it the other day. I mean I'd heard the term but didn't know exactly what it meant.

Back