• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pee on your plants?

There are laws for washing the piss off your hands... I think there should also be laws against pissing on crops. Just me?

I don't care about any benefits. Don't invite me to dinner.

Definately if your selling them or giving them to people. If you grow them for yourself I dont see why it would matter.

I would not want to eat a pepper that some one grew if they peed on the plant. However, if they used "cooked" compost that had pee in it, wouldn't bother me 1 bit.

I piss alover wherever I can...

Want details?

I love to pee, espaescially when it's condidered TABOO
WANNA TRY ME?

The point I was making is it's not like it's unnatural... bugs crap on your plants all the time, any passing animals may piss in your garden (I think the amount of bird crap on my plants is a testament to how gross nature can be), we like to think of agriculture as a carefully controlled environment but historically that hasn't been the case.

If you're a healthy individual free of infections urine is practically sterile, so it's up to you to use your best judgment. People get so caught up about NPK ratios and deviating from them.

that's cool sync...we can just agree to disagree... :)

my last post on this thread since I have nothing on the positive side to say...sorry

To summarize this thread:

Healthy urine is medically fine.
Unhealthy urine is unhealthy.
Any urine is icky to many people, and you shouldn't pee on other people's food unless they're into that sort of thing and know the safeword.
Scoville Deville is hereby volunteered as host for kinky watersports parties.

I seems like this thread sums up a lot of preconceived notions. Science is our friend. Superstition and a narrow mind is not.

When you drink fluids, do they not go through a chemical conversion and filtering before it exits the body? It is, as has been said lots of times in thread, essentially sterile.

Why would what a plant absorbs and use be any different? Plants have a conversion and filtering system as well. Do you really think that if you pee on your plants, then whatever you eat or smell off that plant is pee?

Going by that reasoning, don't ever put animal manure on plants because you're going to eat shit later...

It's not reasoning it's perception.

If a steak falls on the floor do you want to eat it even if the chef washed it off?
No. Why? Because it was on the floor.

So no one is debating the science. It's the perception. Pee goes in the toilet. We don't want it touching things we are going to eat even if science "cleans" it. We've always been taught there is a place for each.

I'll send you one that fell on the bathroom floor! :rofl:

Back