• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics penguins pepper pics 2010

it's been too long since i posted pics, or ... had pics to post. through mishaps of trusting family to germinate seeds due to lack of space resulted in 0/50 seeds germinating. course it was my fault.

but that's in the past!

this year i'm going mild and only growing a few plants ( i have been waiting to scratch the itch to get more but i'll just go for a successful season this year instead lol. )

the list stands as:

from local nursery -

8 Orange Habaneros.

from chileplants.com -

4 Jalapeno M
4 Ancho 101
4 Tdad Scorpions
4 Congo Tdad
2 Fatalii

here is a shot of all the plants i am growing this year about 3/4 of them are going in MY back yard for 5 gallon pots, 2x ahcho 101, 2x orange habs and 2x jalapenos are going to my parents. to go in the ground.

The Congo Trinidads

My two orange habs that i will keep in the grow tent this year.

My Scorpions

Continued --

My sideways Ancho 101 and Jalapeno M forest! ( normally i would rotate it but i kinda like the sideways look )

My two Fatalii's ( i've wanted to grow this chile for a couple years now )

the rest of the orange habs from my local nursery

empty packaging from chileplants.com

and that's it for this week of my pepper pics. i hope you enjoyed the little ones, stay tuned for bigger, greener badder than ever :D(smiles disabled)

teh purple penguins said:
this year i'm going mild and only growing a few plants
the list stands as:
from chileplants.com -

4 Jalapeno M
4 Ancho 101
4 Tdad Scorpions
4 Congo Tdad
2 Fatalii

Mild you say? :onfire: :P

the last time i had penguins pepper pics i was growing 100+ seedlings :D this is way mild for me lolz.
but yes i am very excited about the supers / really hots i have for this year.

LOL...I see...I thought you meant that the peppers you were growing were mild...not that you were taking it easy on the number of plants ;)

Hey nice set up.

Just saw your ebb and flow that you posted in another thread. Just a quick tip - cut your overflow pipe down on the underside. This will cause splashing as the excess is returned.This helps put oxygen into your solution which stops stagnation.

I use GHE nutes by the way. Just water rockwool for germination. Once they germinate 0.5ml of each nutrient per litre. Then slowly inrease this. I don't gererally go over 1ml of each per litre. Let the cubes almost dry out before re-watering and allow 10% run off when you do.

Chris

thanks for the tip. i actually did that after the first test run, and increased the size of the overflow to 3/4 to drain better because the pump that was in there was apparently pretty gnarly, i'm not using that as of yet, it will most likely go to my parents for their winter crop. and ya, that's all i do to germinate : ).

the problem last season with germination was in dirt, and leaving them at my parents house who like jiffy starters are either too wet or too dry :). which is why i usually start all the seeds for the whole fam :| lol.

ok got a little lazy about the camera, so it took me a couple weeks to get progress pictures. but here they are :D lol

Another Wide shot of everything in the tent, 3 weeks later. :O! looking at side by side pictures is crazy.

The Canopy of my weirdest plant, the side shoots you can see on the side are from the lowest leaves and is taller than the stem.

My other hab plant that will be staying in the tent after everything else is planted out.

That Side shoot that is taller than the stem on the first Orange hab plant.

Continued..

A close up of one of my Fatalii Plants.

My other Fatalii plant with a crazy sideways leaf, i always seem to have 1 each year that has some weird leaf like this. heh.

My tall Trinidad Scorpion, surprised with it's willingness to grow upwards compared to others that were the same size when i got them

A Spray of magnesium sulfate brought on opened flowers on one of my small orange habs lolz.

Well thanks for looking at my peppers : ). hope to be less lazy and take more grow pics less than 3 weeks apart haha.

Back