• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

People are dying left and right

chilehunter said:
I dont know if billy mays is dead...but he was a annoying MF'er!!!
though I'd miss him more than the freak micheal jackson, I still cant see how ya'all say hes some kind of great talent :rolleyes:

He did change the face of music and was an innovator and an icon indeed but the way he went out was the same way as Anna Nicole Smith and Tammy Wynette. He overdosed on Demerol. He was basically just a drug addict.

Sickmont said:
He did change the face of music and was an innovator and an icon indeed but the way he went out was the same way as Anna Nicole Smith and Tammy Wynette. He overdosed on Demerol. He was basically just a drug addict.

sorry to say MJ did NOT change all music! maybe a small selection of music. MJ the freak wasnt anything special!!!! there's plenty of bands or people that leave their mark in the music biz & affect future music (no less than MJ did!)
& MJ didnt affect any of my music... so nothing special in my book!

shit..... MJ deserved to be B slapped & raped by bubba in cell block #9 for his pediphiole ways!

no loss IMO!

now we all have to sit back and watch the rest of the jacksons fighting over his stuff, and saying how much of meant to them. Hell none of them spoke to him much for years,
And the fight to sell tacky mementos and greedy money grabbing 'tribute' gigs.
Hell the best bit of news i heard yesterday was that he you had a ticket for one of his london gigs you were going to be allowed to keep the ticket, only prob is that if you did you gave up the right to a refund, if you wanted your cash back you had to give your ticket back.
What an offer (SHOW ME THE MONEY!)

people_who_hate_michael_jackson.jpg

chilehunter said:
sorry to say MJ did NOT change all music! maybe a small selection of music. MJ the freak wasnt anything special!!!! there's plenty of bands or people that leave their mark in the music biz & affect future music (no less than MJ did!)
& MJ didnt affect any of my music... so nothing special in my book!

shit..... MJ deserved to be B slapped & raped by bubba in cell block #9 for his pediphiole ways!

no loss IMO!

Unless you listen to nothing but classical and jazz, and nothing written in the last 30 years, he had an influence in one way or another. He influenced someone you listen to, or someone who was an inspiration for them. I listen to mostly progressive and metal, but in one way or another, he had at least some influence somewhere along the line. What he did for the music world is undeniable.

And that pedophile stuff is a load of shit. No question he's a weird guy(hell, we all are in our own way), but being a little odd doesn't mean he's a pedophile. Back in 93 when all that crap started, it was nothing more than some schmuck that saw a potential opportunity to profit and had his kid lie to take advantage of him. After that more people just followed suit and jumped on the bandwagon to try and rip him off.

Michael Jackson is a legend and will continue to be an influence for decades to come. And yes, I would have said the exact same things about him a week ago.

Was in Hollywood with all my kids the day Jacko died and my twins got interviewed about his death by a roving KTLA reporter at the Bruno premiere. Was pretty cool.

Back