• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Drop

A couple of my unripe lemon drop pods were in the dirt today (both from the same plant, no others doing same). The crown is yellowish and it looks like the plant aborted them, but I'm not entirely sure why or if it could be a bug problem instead. It is still setting new fruit further up and has plenty of other pods so I'm thinking the nutes are fine. We have had a lot of rain in the last few days though, so maybe the soil is too wet right now - could this cause it? There were no insects in the pods and it had plenty of seeds forming.

S6309118-w.jpg

c.

Strange... They look a little brown at the tip of the stem also, could be to wet or since there low hanging fruit maybe a Critter knocked them off...

splitcane said:
Strange... They look a little brown at the tip of the stem also...

Yeah, that's what makes me think the plant aborted them since it looks similar to when buds drop.

splitcane said:
maybe a Critter knocked them off...

Well, I do have lizards living in the plants but I've never had a problem like this before. I've even had grasshoppers gnaw half way through jalapeno stems and they were still green.

Could be this is one plant where I got the soil mix too heavy and it's holding too much water. Supposed to stop raining this morning.

could be the extra water....the stems really do like like those of flower drop.........hopefully the sun should come out and get rid of the excess water

OK thanks everyone. No sun today and it's a LOT colder than when I got up this morning. We've been in the 80's and 90's lately but right now it's 57!

Back