• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting pepper fermentation/ hot sauces

hello all!
i make a litle harvest on monday... today is holliday in Brazil... so i make some sauces...
harvest
harvest.jpg

fermentation of 500g of bhut jolokias + mangoo
fermentado.jpg

fermentation on "pet"... i only have a small fermatation with airlock and is in use...so i use "pet" as fermentation pot... only need to squeeze the pet until no ar left inside... in a few days i need to "empty air of bottles".
fermen.jpg

habanero golden
habanero lemon
bhut jolokia
habanero gambia
habanero mix

bhut go to dehyd.
bhutdeh.jpg

green habanero dehy.
dehydra.jpg

to much peper!! i the beginer a was very excited!! but in a few hours... "OMG to many work for me"" this pepper never ends!!! I inted to make other sauces, but Im sooo lazy ahahahaha
:D

I love hot peppers, and am cultivating a growing population of 9+ plants. I find that there’s something very special and beautiful about them. Aside from just admiring them, I also love to eat their fruit! Pickled peppers are a lot like wine. Each one of them yields a unique and deep flavor. The longer they pickle the more sophisticated the flavor becomes.
Hot peppers have the highest concentration of Vitamin C of any food popularly consumed. They contain 357% more than an orange. With winter setting in it seems like a good thing to eat, as well as keep you warm. Not that that means anything here in California, but I’m told that inhabitants of hot climates will regularly eat cayenne since it lowers the body’s internal temperature.

Back