• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper flowering question

I need some help, so I decided to ask the experts. This site is full of experts.

I have a pepper that is just starting to flower.
It has 11 flower buds on 1 innernode.
Has anybody ever seen this before?

I've been growing peppers for many years, and have never seen this before.

I would post a picture, but can not figure out how.
So I will have to post a link for the picture, I posted on facebook.
Link is below -

https://www.facebook.com/dustbowlseed

Nice. Chinenses will put out multiples at a single node, but I've never seen that many at one node before. Curious to see if the plant does that again with any other nodes.

This a project of mine for fun.
The pepper is an F2 hybrid.
I have about 17 plants for pheno selection.
They are just starting to flower. At this point I would say about half of the plants are carrying this trait. But it is to early to tell for sure. Need a couple more weeks for them to commit.

So how do I post a picture?
I tried while in edit mode. But I clicked on the add image icon, and it would only add a url.
I even clicked on the media icon, but still could not figure it out.

green okie said:
I tried while in edit mode. But I clicked on the add image icon, and it would only add a url.
Upload to photo hosting site and type in the following format:

imgcode_zpsdcf4faec.jpg

Lookin' good btw

10346003_618963754857549_632266389750635356_n.jpg

You havent by chance had an increase of metior activity or any unexplained extraterrestrial  or paranormal activity in your area have you? Check the yard for burn marks and soil that wont absorb water or maybe sand that has turned to glass.

Hmmm, I definitely smell bragging rights - and they're deserved!

I've seen upwards or 5, maybe 7 coming out of on junction... But this prolific little guy has some gusto! Whatever it is, keep those seeds if it retains that nature. I'd be interestd in a plant that could produce such as that.

ikeepfish said:
Upload to photo hosting site and type in the following format:

imgcode_zpsdcf4faec.jpg

Lookin' good btw

10346003_618963754857549_632266389750635356_n.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture.
So I can not post a picture directly to this site from my computer, with out using a hosting site?
Also thanks for the help.

The real question is will all the flowers set fruit or will some abort?
Time will tell.

green okie said:
When you click the add image icon and see the box for the URL, go to your facebook page and pull up the image.  Right click your image and select "Copy image URL".  Go back to your THP post and paste the URL into the box.  I upload all of my pictures via facebook, but you could use any 3rd party site really.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I would pick some of those off.  There isn't enough room there to grow that many so they will be competing for sustenance and space to grow, and could negatively affect the branches forking off around them.

Back