• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Harvest pic

Thanks to AjiJoe to gave me some nice peppers this year, and a few others from years past... and i usually only buy from pepperlover.com for the cool Trinidad varieties.

Got a few big harvests past few weeks...
From rows, left to right:
Row1: 2 Brain Strain, 3 Aji Lemon Drop, 3 Yellow Moruga? maybe Habanero, 4 Tobago Treasure, 6Trinidad Morovas? (huge!!! and prolific ... i mislabed this one though but it must be one of pepperlovers i think it could be is the Morovas based on Pulpiteer's video and description of how huge they are).

Row2:2 Trinidad Morovas (more pointy, not as big, but grown in pot), many Inca Berries, 5 Aji Pineapple right below the Incas, 16 Trinidad SR Congo Red (not as big as those Morovas), 1 Sweet Habanero, 4 Wild Brazils, 10 Trinidad Scorpions, 9 Trinidad Beans.

Row3: 7 Aji Dulce #2s, 9 Trinidad Perfumes below them, 7 Unknowns below them (they are purple then turn red, i had it labeled as Tobago Scotch Bonnet but guess its not)... 11 Pitanga Cafe hybrids (taste like an Aji LemonDrop), Many Wiri-Wiris to the right of those, 5 Mako akokɔsrade, Crapload of Trinidad Cherry (brought back from friends Trinidad vacation... but they hybridized with something else but im not complaining, they the largest and most prolific plant maybe), 5 Trinidad Seasoning maybe (but they are orange and weird shape so not sure, thought pepperlover site said they red), 15 Yellow Moruga (they are kinda orange, and look different than the Hab looking ones from 1st row, not sure which one is the real one).

10304617273_4cb7e7c7d0_h.jpg

I think the winners this year are Trinidad Morovas for their size and decent productivity.
Trinidad Cherry hybrid for their productivity and plant size.
Pitanga Cafe hybrid for making alot of peppers in a pot and good citrisy/Aji flavor (the Aji in the pot made less peppers, so i may use this instead of the Aji LemonDrop/Pineapple next year).
SR Congo Reds for their productivity for their size.
Trinidad Beans for prolificness (small plant size though).
Inca Berry for its thick skin and productivity.

Anyone have pics of their Trinidad Morovas, Trinidad Beans, Trinidad Seasoning (the pepperlover 'hot' one and not the mild seasoning one), Yellow Moruga (the one pepperlover sells with the Red Moruga seeds, which is a more mild hot pepper from region of Moruga). I may have mixed some of these varieties up so curious to compare.

very nice looking pods thank you for sharing 

the red and yellow morugas are actually habanero heat but stronger aroma form the the region Moruga in Trinidad, not to be mixed with the scorpion moruga
i see that u r a Trinidadian pepper lover, i love how they smell and taste 

thanks to Chris for sharing the seeds with me 3 years ago.

you sir are most certainly welcome!!

my mako akaosrade from you did quite well right at the end, a few weeks ago not so much

nice pick you have there

thanks your friend joe

Thanks guys, btw PepperLover since i mislabeled most of yours unfortunately (I started them later than the others so planted them outside later, so definitely sure these are yours... but they then got mixed up)... Can maybe you or others help me identify if you recognize some:

1. HUGE pepper (i would guess its either Trinidad SR Congo Gigantic Yellow [didn't order seeds of that though, got the Red one] or Trinidad Morovas... very yellow and larggggge, large leaves):

10355760616_2f6a0ce479_b.jpg

10355759025_be63ba6786_b.jpg

10355757095_c38a864f36_b.jpg

2. Pods that turn from purple to red, prolific, medium-sized (i labeled as Tobago Scotch Bonnet but think they also could be your Trinidad Seasoning ... Def not Trinidad Beans since those don't point 'upwards' and have long curly stems that point downwards. These usually are pointing upwards)

10355758816_f2b6e970a4_b.jpg

10355759785_d58455edcc_b.jpg

3. Weird Shape.... Peachy-Orange color when ripe (these could be ones of AjiJoe's but thought I'd ask both of ya what you think it could be):

10355757104_445c3217cc_b.jpg

4. Trinidad Beans i think (pretty sure):

10355754794_7ec70c0e69_b.jpg

10355945693_6bd0de903a_b.jpg

5. Could this be Moruga Yellow (its also in my main pic, many orange-yellow pods in the bottom right quadrant)... usually at the bottom there is a very small protrusion sticking out (not on this specific pepper though):

10355758045_37fa028fc2_b.jpg

Thanks for a nice thread.  I enjoyed looking over your pic at each variety.  You have a couple I am not familiar with and I must look up.  There will no doubt be yet a couple more peppers I'll think I just have to grow yet again!

Thanks again for sharing.

ajijoe said:
you sir are most certainly welcome!!

my mako akaosrade from you did quite well right at the end, a few weeks ago not so much

nice pick you have there

thanks your friend joe
oh also an update

i have another favorite thanks to Persianninja MAKO AKOKOSRADE!! i through one in some chicken and dumplings last night while it was cooking, man that was wonderful!!

thanks for another great flavor oppertunity

your friend Joe

persianninja said:
Your welcome Joe... and Thanks to you too for sharing all your great peppers with everyone as well.
it my pleasure your very welcome

thanks your friend Joe

Back