• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Pepper Harvest

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pile of fat fataliis. Powder, pickle or sauce bound?

I dehydrated all of them. I kinda wish I would have made some sauce. These are one of my personal favorites

Man those fataliis look fantastic. You should have just eaten that whole pile, those things rule.

I'm still holding out hope that my plant will fruit sometime before our first and last frost sometime in February lol.

Great Harvet, Brian. Those Trinidad Congos look yummy!:hell:

Josh - I have a yellow rocoto that grew into a huge bush. Of all the flowers that it has produced, maybe 1/3 pollinated. The hot weather over the past 10 days has not helped anything either. I think that once the cooler weather arrives, things may turn for the Rocotos. Hand pollinating can't hurt either.

PeteyPepper said:
Great Harvet, Brian. Those Trinidad Congos look yummy!:hell:
Yeah those are really beautiful peppers. I saved a whole paper plate full of seeds for next year

Josh - I have a yellow rocoto that grew into a huge bush. Of all the flowers that it has produced, maybe 1/3 pollinated. The hot weather over the past 10 days has not helped anything either. I think that once the cooler weather arrives, things may turn for the Rocotos. Hand pollinating can't hurt either.

I would like to try the yellow rocotos. I am going to Peru next month so I hope to find some more interesting seeds to bring back

Josh said:
I have plenty of flowers but nothing will set. Earlier in the season I tried hand pollinating but nothing took. Maybe now that the plant is a little larger and older I should try it again.

Definitely retry. Best time is around 2pm in full sun. Just wet a small dark brush so you can see the pollen residue on it and touch it to other flower centers. You should have a great crop this fall.

bigt said:
Definitely retry. Best time is around 2pm in full sun. Just wet a small dark brush so you can see the pollen residue on it and touch it to other flower centers. You should have a great crop this fall.

I will have to do that this weekend. Thanks for the advice. I sure hope I at least get a few pods this season.

Last night I picked more Rocotos.
290vvc1.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
Those look really juicy Brian. Mind slicing one in half and snapping a pic?
I sliced a few last night but forgot to take pics. I already froze them. I will try to remember to do that when I pick some more.

those are one of my favorite...the taste is delectable IMO

Josh said:
I have plenty of flowers but nothing will set. Earlier in the season I tried hand pollinating but nothing took. Maybe now that the plant is a little larger and older I should try it again.

This next year I'm going to try staggering my seed germinating somewhat to try to catch some of the pollinating "windows" a little better. The weather can change quickly here at critical times and 7-10 days can make a big difference. Hopefully I can get better at having more flowers coordinate with the weather.

Back