Pepper I.D. help (slideshow for ease)

http://img140.images...p?id=003ndh.jpg

This is a slideshow of all the peppers I am unsure of. They were taken on my phone so aren't the best of quality. Also some are too small to be able to identify but I still took a photo cause some people know what species it is just by the leaves.

When helping identify please write what number it is then what your opinion is on what it is.

Thanks for any help.

Wow thats alot of pepper pics lol.

I'm likely wrong but it looks like there could be bhut and habs in there

--also whatever the one is with the verigated leaves I'd LOVE to grow it!

Wow thats alot of pepper pics lol.

Yeah, I've got more but I know what they are
I'm likely wrong but it looks like there could be bhut and habs in there

--also whatever the one is with the verigated leaves I'd LOVE to grow it!

I beleive the one with the verigated leaves is the hot fish, although it could be any white variety of chilli. Also tbh I don't think there are many habs and I think there is only 1 bhut, but how do I know, I'm the one asking. Could you please number which ones you think are what?

I think he meant to say wrong section either growing peppers or hot pepper talk is the right place for ID pepper not sure which one because the marketplace is more for selling products.

1, 2 and 3 = Black Prince?

7 and 8 = definitely the Fish, I reckon.

12 and 13 = Cayenne?

16 and 17 = definitely Aji Lemon.

26 and 27 = Naga Jolokia Purple?

32 and 33 looks like Apache to me but can't see it on your list. "Mini Jalapeno" perhaps? (I've heard Apache been called Apache Jalapeno before)

41 = Bhuts of some kind?

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news either but looks like ya got a pretty severe mite problem happening there. Dealing with 'em myself ATM... :(

1, 2 and 3 = Black Prince?

7 and 8 = definitely the Fish, I reckon.

12 and 13 = Cayenne?

16 and 17 = definitely Aji Lemon.

26 and 27 = Naga Jolokia Purple?

32 and 33 looks like Apache to me but can't see it on your list. "Mini Jalapeno" perhaps? (I've heard Apache been called Apache Jalapeno before)

41 = Bhuts of some kind?

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news either but looks like ya got a pretty severe mite problem happening there. Dealing with 'em myself ATM... :(

3 and 4 where labelled as black prince and 1 and 2 have a much lighter purple colouration.
7 and 8 have been work out to be the hot fish :)
11 and 12 are the one plant, 12 and 13 are different. Could quite be a different coloured cayenne.
16 and 17 is good to hear that it's an aji lemon. I hear they are very nice eating.
26 and 27 I know were naga jolokia purple but just wanted to confirm it + know if it ripens to red or not.
32 and 33 someone on the chats said it looked like a jalapeno but it is labelled from Bunnings as a firecracker.
41 I have got a few ripe pods. Originally I thought they were dorset nagas but I was later told they were bih jolokias. I could get a photo of a ripe one for ya.

Also how do you get rid of the stupid mites. You told me about them earlier and now that I know I have them I have tried to get rid of them but can't. You got any special solution you use?

Thanks for the help by the way :)

Yep, the Naga Jolokia Purple does ripen to red. It stays purple for ages, then turns green briefly right before it turns red.

Aji Lemon seems to be a case of you love 'em or you hate 'em. Some say they have a soapy taste to them. But me? Don't know what the hell they're talking about! One of my all-time favourites!

As for the mites (broad mite), I really don't think they can be stopped! It seems like summer in SE QLD is ideal conditions for 'em (hot and humid). So far the most effective means of control I have found is Rogor... but even then it only worked for so long before the bastages grew resistance to it. I don't recommend using it at all though as it has now been banned for use on food crops.

You could always try a "safer" solution and see how you go (Sulfur, Natrasoap, Neem, Eco Oil, etc). Trouble is though, with the intense heat and all that that we are getting ATM, burnage of plant will most likely occur. And as repeat applications are a must with these kinds of solutions, it can really knock your plants around.

The other option is predator bugs. I'll be trying them for the first time myself soon so fingers crossed.....

(Hope I made some sense there... a little under the bottle ATM.... :drunk:)

Yep, the Naga Jolokia Purple does ripen to red. It stays purple for ages, then turns green briefly right before it turns red.

Aji Lemon seems to be a case of you love 'em or you hate 'em. Some say they have a soapy taste to them. But me? Don't know what the hell they're talking about! One of my all-time favourites!

As for the mites (broad mite), I really don't think they can be stopped! It seems like summer in SE QLD is ideal conditions for 'em (hot and humid). So far the most effective means of control I have found is Rogor... but even then it only worked for so long before the bastages grew resistance to it. I don't recommend using it at all though as it has now been banned for use on food crops.

You could always try a "safer" solution and see how you go (Sulfur, Natrasoap, Neem, Eco Oil, etc). Trouble is though, with the intense heat and all that that we are getting ATM, burnage of plant will most likely occur. And as repeat applications are a must with these kinds of solutions, it can really knock your plants around.

The other option is predator bugs. I'll be trying them for the first time myself soon so fingers crossed.....

(Hope I made some sense there... a little under the bottle ATM.... :drunk:)
Made a lot of sense. Basically they are hard to get rid of and anything that can get rid of them they either grow a restistance to or kill the plant..
I think 24 is a numex twighlight...
I was searching through my seeds yesterday and I found a pack of seeds thst fits the plants exactly. It is called a Thai Chilli and it is by Yates.
The numex twilight look nice. How is their flavor???
To be honesnt I haven't tried it, cause I cant really tolerate heat off a chilli yet....
42/43 looks like a peach/white hab..?
42 and 43 were bought from a shop here in Australia called Bunnings and it was labelled as a yellow habanero and I wondered if it ripens more or if that is the colour it stays or if anyones even goes a peachy colour

42 and 43 were bought from a shop here in Australia called Bunnings and it was labelled as a yellow habanero and I wondered if it ripens more or if that is the colour it stays or if anyones even goes a peachy colour

What was the brand on the tag of the Yellow Hab plant?

Numex Twilight is a thai chili hybrid...probably explains the resemblance! Anyway all your plants look really good! How did you get them all mixed up?

Back