• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper I Grew From Seeds Found at an International Market

Hey all. The international market sells wicked crazy "habaneros." Last time I found a Trinidad Scorpion in a pack with Caribean looking peppers. I grew this pepper out two years ago. I'm thinking of growing it again instead of red habaneros since it's more productive and larger.

I was wondering if anyone recognized this pepper:

7686141670_af4fa0f9e6_c.jpg

Same plant
7660109726_950873baa7_c.jpg

Capsicum Select said:
Not sure but that is a good looking pepper. Is it hotter than the standard habanero?

Yeah, they are hotter than regular orange habaneros. I'm guessing around 400-500. Eating normal, red, and brown habs don't give me cap cramps, but these do. It's possible they are a cross.
meatfreak said:
Very good looking and big pods. Is it me or do they look a bit Burgandy?

Thanks, I think the photo came out a little dark.

filmost said:
What is this international market you speak of?

I meant an international market, heh. It's called Grand Market, and it's awesome. There were possibly two Trinidad scorpions in the mix. They are yellow, orange, red, and green mixed together. One didn't have the hallmark tail, but it had the flavor and heat.

Dulac said:
Hey all. The international market sells wicked crazy "habaneros." Last time I found a Trinidad Scorpion in a pack with Caribean looking peppers. I grew this pepper out two years ago. I'm thinking of growing it again instead of red habaneros since it's more productive and larger.

I was wondering if anyone recognized this pepper:

Same plant

looks kinda like Caribbean red or red savina hab

OKGrowin said:
looks kinda like Caribbean red or red savina hab

Antillais Caribbean Habanero? Just looked at some pics real quick and the shape looks similar. I grew red habs from Judy and "Caribbean habaneros" from Bakercreek. These habs are much larger than those two red habs. They also seem hotter but taste very similar.

Edit: Hmm, I have no idea, but I think they are some sort of Caribbean habanero. Probably crossed, which is fine with me. I found some other odd habanero peppers that I also plan to grow. I found a very nice orange one that doesn't taste like the Mexican orange habs (not a fan of their flavor).

I see a lot in the pack that look like these peppers from Tradewind:

http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/caribbean-red-habanero-pepper-seeds

Back