• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper identification please.

I thought this was a jalapeno but I dont think so now.. Can anyone identify it? Maybe it is a jalapeno

307yww5.jpg

168eeec.jpg

2jgt37.jpg

I did plant some Anaheims...

Also when can I pick them? Like that big boy in the picture is like 7 inches long. Is it ready? When the peppers come out of the flowers they start to grow REALLY fast.

You can pick them at any time, however for full ripeness, I would wait till they start turning red. IMO, that they taste a whole lot different between their green state and fully ripe. You can always pick the big one and try it now and if you like it cool. Then wait on a red one and see which you like the best.

I'll let em be. Thanks! How hot are these? Can they or I should ask are do they taste good stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon? What is their taste like? As far as say jalapenos ect.

If they are what I said, I think that they are milder than a jalapeƱo. I absolutely love to stuff mine with ground meat and cheese. They are also good fried with some onions and made into powder. I find that they are very versatile and I have placed them on my must have list.

Ohok cool. Thanks!

Lastly, I noticed you said they turn red when ripe. That thing is still green so it is most likely going to get bigger?

Not necessarily. Once they stop growing, then they will start to ripen. That big daddy is about as big as it will get I do believe.

Pepperfreak said:
Not necessarily. Once they stop growing, then they will start to ripen. That big daddy is about as big as it will get I do believe.

Unless perhaps they are NuMex big Jim Anaheims....
They may get a little larger, but I agree with PF.
I think they are an Anaheim.

Back