• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper Identification

I used to have one(a really good chart of super hot peppers identify) here on fav's..Some how lost it...It seems there is so many hybreds etc: that you really got to keep on tabs what is going on with "YOUR" plants ..True when sharing seeds with others and the peppers come out different. I have found this in myself crops etc: I have taken seeds from say any particular pepper " my best" and next yr ...DUH!!! what happened" some pepper I didn't look forward to shows up "What is it "SORRY FOR THE JABBER" I'm just saying and will probably get in trouble for it ...BUT we as pepper lovers need to look out for our own interest and keep our peppers ?"???Isolated ??the best we can...Still looking for peppers I have grown and have no Idea "WHAT THEY ARE" Don't mean to be mean ..Please nobody get ill with me ..some has the means to Isolate some don't ..Just something to think about.....I hardly know what a real Scorpion looks like ...just an example ..some has tails some do not..what makes it a scorpion? Sorry If I offended any one..you are all my friends..

I agree---There are TOO Many peppers that are basically the same with different names for marketing purposes; It is way too confusing and leads to a over complexity of the pepper plants.
I am trying to get some taste fermented woosys for the ones I raised so I can taste any difference in my peppers. That is my idea anyway and I am fermenting them to decrease the heat and increase the flavor variation; that is the idea anyway.

I agree---There are TOO Many peppers that are basically the same with different names for marketing purposes; It is way too confusing and leads to a over complexity of the pepper plants.
I am trying to get some taste fermented woosys for the ones I raised so I can taste any difference in my peppers. That is my idea anyway and I am fermenting them to decrease the heat and increase the flavor variation; that is the idea anyway.
Thanx for the respond...can't even tell what I am growing this yr...Oh! sure there is some that I can no doubt Identify..But others ???? Not only from seeds I have received from someone else ..But seeds I have harvested myself from perfect peppers and somthing else turns up.Some good I guess and some bad.

Isn't this always the case with growing at home and OP? I have bell peppers that turned out hot and jalapenos that were like green peppers, that was 15 years ago. The only difference I see now is people are into growing pepper plants and varieties never before available are all over. I have some amazing crosses this year and look forward to trying to overwinter and grow out some F2 next year. I am enjoying them this year so if both those options fail, no loss for me.

I guess
But what's disturbing to me is I started growing a few yr's ago..and was so excited...I ordered from diferent people as (hertz) and others I waited a whole yr for my peppers to grow and I end up with stuff I can go to the market and get ..planted Bhutt Jolokia and ended up with habs...One whole yr. this is heart breaking ..and have this happen 2 yr's in a row ...I respect some growers as pepperidge farms , Silver Surfer and there is others...MY hat off to those who care.......and respect this pepper thing, it's not just a growing pepper forum or thing I can do ...it's a passion....Dave in Ga..

Back