• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Identity ...

Hot hello,

I joined a swap and am looking forward to some hot pepper seeds that have come from Korea. I cannot find anything online about them, I have tried spelling them different ways and can only find one similar sounding from Africa, Gambia.

The spelling is Gam Mi.

Has anyone heard of it, grown it, anything about it? What is it?

I am also getting an F1 Green Twist, this I have found can be either hot or sweet.

I greatly appreciate input on this, thanks.

if you can't find it on chiliman or g6csy then chances are good its a made up local name, wait until it starts producing pods then post a few pictures.

i had a friend return from vietnam after visiting family and he brought back a chili that he grew up with on his homestead, he gave me some seeds and didn't know the name of the plant but after a few years of growing it, i finally joined the thp and posted pictures, turned out to be goatsweed and true to form. i spent years thinking it might be called vietnamese dragon or viet devil pepper or some other serious oriental name but nope, goatsweed - all the way from venezuela via vietnam - go figure.

Update: I get the seeds in the mail today, it's from Nong Woo Seed America. Went on their website, there is no i.d. on the pepper.

From the picture, it's shiny green, long. Looks alot like the picture of the twist green from another company.

The gam mi is an f1, the twist green is f1 hybrid.

I'll try it. The mystery is hotter than the pepper.

Back