• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Joe's At it Again

From site:
"Golden HAbanero : HOTTEST PEPPER IN THE WORLD! (Time Magazine, Oct. 12, 1992) It is impossible to find a pepper hotter than my golden habanero"

: does hand jerk off gesture : :rolleyes:

imaguitargod said:
From site:
"Golden HAbanero : HOTTEST PEPPER IN THE WORLD! (Time Magazine, Oct. 12, 1992) It is impossible to find a pepper hotter than my golden habanero"

: does hand jerk off gesture : :rolleyes:

Note the date - 1992...

Besides, i doubt the writer for Time had much experience with anything hotter the the jalapeno poppers from BK's dollar menu.

UnNatural said:
Note the date - 1992...

Besides, i doubt the writer for Time had much experience with anything hotter the the jalapeno poppers from BK's dollar menu.

And you notice it's still up on the site? Let's do a little maintance here folks.

imaguitargod said:
See? To me, all these things scream "don't order from me".

you guys make some good points, but doubt that'd mean they sell bad seeds, I thought pepperjoe has had good reviews here.
though I'm curious why they dont have real pictures of the pods/plants ?

I was satisfied with the seeds I got from PepperJoe last year and had decent germination rates and the seeds were true...to me, he is on the high side...

imaguitargod said:
See? To me, all these things scream "don't order from me".

====================================
I have to agree. I've never met a chilihead that didn't like the taste of a fresh habanero.

I never said his seeds do not germinate. He just has a terrible habit of embellishing names and exaggerating. He likes to re-name varieties to make more $$$..NOT acceptable.

I gotcha Chris...understand...

If AJ's had good experience with the guy that's a pretty good endorsement to me. However, not keeping his website up to date isn't a good endorsement. Call it a push, I'll stick with Beth.

I've never bought from them but over the years I've heard of some bad experience with Pepper Joe's seeds not breeding true.

Two thoughts (or maybe three), it's Tobago, who the hell doesn't like the taste of chinense?, and what it that purple fluorescent pepper?

JayT said:
Two thoughts (or maybe three), it's Tobago, who the hell doesn't like the taste of chinense?, and what it that purple fluorescent pepper?

The purple fluorescent is a small purple pequin type. Not particularly fluorescent though. Purple peppers ripening to red with purple/green/white foliage. Generic hot peppery taste with moderate heat.

I did have a cross from this vendor a few years ago but most seed were true and had high germination. Quite expensive though.

Back