• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Nutrition

LawrenceJ2007 said:
When dies it start to get about 60* or below at night where you live?
Typically early september. Even now it gets about 56-54 at nite. But my plants in the greenhouse are taking it fine.

I have the little ones outside in full sun now (They were acclimated since this past wednesday and had their 1st day of full sun today.)About 6pm I take em back inside and keep the under t5's til 1am, then back up at 7am. (18/6) I just don't wanna leave them out til they're up-potted.

I'm gonna post Glog-ish pics tonite. finally took some.

Use synthetic fertilizer if you want to.  It does in fact work very well - a fact which farmers have proven for decades.  It is an alternative to save time and money if you don't have enough natural sources of material to compost on your property.  However, they are not complete nutrition so as soil becomes exhausted of nutrients you aren't adding back, you will need to supplement that soil in subsequent seasons with compost or organic fertilizers else replace the soil.

However you're suggesting that the problem is temperature and perhaps sun.  All the fertilizer in the world won't make up for these two issues.

Back