• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

I just want to add that I opened the book up around noon today. I read a few pages.....then a few more....and a few more. I couldn't put the thing down! I ended up reading the whole thing, front to back, in one sitting, hahaha

It's a compilation of really short stories of some of the cases Warrant Man has worked on, or police calls he's had to respond to, with some other great stuff too; lots of pictures, a chapter on his time working in the prison, poems, etc.

It was a fascinating read! I honestly could not put the book down. Reggie's humor is peppered into every story, and it had me laughing quite a bit. It's got stories/cases that would interest anybody: crackheads hiding in attics and falling through the ceiling, Warrant Man almost hitting an ostrich with his cruiser, his son getting to see him "in action" taking down a thief, a couple different stories (ending VERY differently) of a couple of dudes masturbating (separate cases!) haha, suspects literally falling out of the sky and hitting the pavement :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And much, much more! Hookers, pimps, senile old people, Rottweilers, SpongeBob, etc. I'm telling you, something in there for everybody! ;)

Lots of crazy, hilarious stuff, through the eyes of those who protect us all. A few touching, heartwarming stories in there too, of people whose lives he helped change for the better, after their encounters. It was a fascinating read, start to finish. I'm very privileged to have been able to read it. I highly recommend searching this book out, and ordering a copy. "True Stories from a Lowcountry Cop: Tales from the Charleston County Beat" (sorry, starting to sound like an advertisement now)

Anyway, thanks again, Warrant Man. I'm undeserving of your generosity (again! ;) ). Stay safe out there, brother! :cheers:

Edit to add: (my favorite quote from the book) Warrant Man, to a suspect: "You better be glad being stupid isn't a charge, or you'd get the fucking electric chair!" :rofl:

Wow! Thanks Mike, damn near feel like I owe you money. I am pleased that you like it  :P

I said in another post, (in my intro thread,) what a cool place this was. Never knew such a group of like minded folks assembled like this. Folks from all over, different countries, vocations, ethnicities. Amazing how many interests are shared, woven together from a single common thread :dance: . When I first arrived, I thought "Man, look at this, I'm not alone."  I share not for accolade, but because I can, and receive great satisfaction in doing so. I've been able to try many other things - from folks in Michigan, Washington, Connecticut and Florida. Folks who share likewise for the same reasons. How cool is that? I don't know them, they don't know me, but really good people. Readily offering friendly advice, concerns and heart felt well wishes. If God is willing and the creek don't rise, I will stick around awhile.

I am truly a believer indeed,  Pepper People are the Best!

in edit: I have also been turned on to some really good music here. Can't believe I almost left that out.  :metal:

WarrantMan said:

I said in another post, (in my intro thread,) what a cool place this was. Never knew such a group of like minded folks assembled like this. Folks from all over, different countries, vocations, ethnicities. Amazing how many interests are shared, woven together from a single common thread :dance: . When I first arrived, I thought "Man, look at this, I'm not alone."  I share not for accolade, but because I can, and receive great satisfaction in doing so. I've been able to try many other things - from folks in Michigan, Washington, Connecticut and Florida. Folks who share likewise for the same reasons. How cool is that? I don't know them, they don't know me, but really good people. Readily offering friendly advice, concerns and heart felt well wishes. If God is willing and the creek don't rise, I will stick around awhile.

I am truly a believer indeed,  Pepper People are the Best!

WELCOME  HOME !!!
(I know just how you feel)

I think we are going to have to have a page especially for Reggie Warrant Man ... words fail me with his generosity. It's been a particularly difficult time for him lately he lost two of his colleagues and a further colleague was seriously injured on duty which also resulted in the death of the officers dog "Mojo". I also have a working dog and can understand the feeling that officer is going through. I sent my sympathy to Reggie and he responded with this parcel

1709dcd9b2861b821e686f1729b7a7a9.jpg

What can I say .... I hope to raise some monies for the families with what I have sent to Reggie

Reggie I am also working on something to go with your ransom note. Thank you again and I hope the officer is on the road to recovery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome package received in the mail from WarrantMan!
Not only did he send all 3 of his sauces, but some awesome gifts as well. Knowing my passion for all things beer, he sent a coaster he's had for quite some time with a really cool backstory. More to come on that later.
Looking forward to all of these..
Thanks WarrantMan!

image.jpg

Massive shout out to Crispee-FL,

In true great pepper people fashion, I received a box at my door yesterday from Chris. Inside was a very nice letter, with descriptions of the three bottles of hot sauces that were included. I will try them shortly and report my findings, They all sound (and look) wonderful.

He also included something else, very special. Knowing that I was an author, he also included a book that was written by a friend (he further revealed that he makes a cameo appearance in the book.) What he did not know, no reason for him to, was how special that particular gift was to "me."  To say "I like books" is an understatement. It has been a passion as far back as I can remember. I don't receive many visitors - but will allow this glimpse into my domicile to give proper perspective for this claim (reckon it would be called a living room.) Then you will "see" how special this particular gift is.

my reading chair

current read..

in case I'm caught off guard...

new read posted

might as well show the other wall too...

Thanks again Crispee!!!  Very thoughtful and kind.

Reggie

Pepper People shout out to Guatemalan Insanity Pepper!  :dance:

Some time ago GIP sent me some of his Insanity Salt and some Smoked Serrano pepper powder. It was my intent (honestly) to try them and take some pics to post. I tried them both right off the rip. The Insanity Salt was great and true to name – Insanely hot. The Smoked Serrano powder was awesome and my first food try, I sprinkled some on corn on the cob with butter. A better ear I’ve never had.

I took them to work and shared them with some colleagues. I kept them on my desk with an open invitation for coworkers to try them. Well, they did, and they did and they did. I’m guilty too, I used both on many different meals while at work.  Last week, I came to the realization that I had not made any pictures and both were gone. Used up completely.

I offer sincere apologies for not taking any pictures. But, I must also offer that my coworkers (cops, administrative folks, record clerks etc..) enjoyed the hell out of them!!!! Can’t really give an accurate count, but 25 wouldn’t be far off I think.

GIP, both were wonderful! Please don’t feel slighted by the lack of pics. The fact that it is gone is a testament to how good they were!!

Thanks again on behalf of myself and (I don’t even know all who else) police folks in North Charleston! It was appreciated and enjoyed. I may just keep the empties on my desk and watch for the disappointment….

Pepper People are the Best!!   :cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Thanks for the kind words Reggie :D

i'm glad you enjoyed them and excited more than just one person got to try them too. 
some of my pepper powders I don't make every year, but those two i always have requests for more of :)

Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes it doesn't. Dude, you "nailed" it. Great stuff!!!

Man you guys never miss the details. Thanks THP member (name omitted on purpose) for noticing the gun and direction of pose. Yes it is usually faced the other way for ease of grab, but I reversed it for the photo because the serial number would've been on display. I know how clever folks are on the internet and I am sure someone viewing could figure out how to expand and explore the pics. Not hiding anything, I'm on the "up and up" but allowing my firearm serial numbers to the world would be a "fools errand." 

I was happy to find a bunch of hot/barbecue sauce in my mailbox today. Pookie was kind enough to send me a prize for winning our recent wing challenge. :dance:

hKtPNXx.jpg

I had planned on making country style ribs in my smart pot for dinner, so the Southern Belle barbecue was very welcome, indeed! I had to try it as soon as I opened the package. Holy crap is it good!
     Thanks, THP! I'm really looking forward to trying the others.

I dry brined and seasoned the ribs, then browned the ribs on both sides. Then I put them on a bed of onions and set them to pressure cook for a little while. Once they're tender, I'm going to take the ribs out, reduce the onion/fond and mix it with some of the sauce. Then it's faceplant time.
fPXKrBQ.jpg

Back