• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Just received a care package from catherinew.  Her generosity is greatly appreciated.  The jams and such look wonderful and we can't wait to try them.  Our pepper community is awesome.    

Attachments

• Jane3.jpg
    Jane3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 82
i got a package in the mail today! Reggie/Warrantman sent  me a signed copy of his book True Stories from a Lowcountry Cop. i`ve always enjoyed reading Reggie`s posts here as they are very entertaining and humorous. he has gifted me his sauces in the past and we have swapped boxes of craft beers that are only available locally. thank you Reggie for thinking of me. i know it will make for an interesting read.

:cheers:    PEPPER PEOPLE ARE THE BEST

Kevin

edit to add pic.

20191116_142147_resized.jpg

I owe a very huge thanks to Reggie/Warrantman for this wonderful package I received in the mail today.

I was on my phone with my bff when it arrived and we had a great time unpacking everything and laughing because of Reggies fantastic sense of humour when naming and labeling the sauces and salt.

I also got a Charleston police patch which I forgot to put in the pic - sorry :mope:

Now I'm really looking forward to tasting my goodies .

I thought the rest of your should see them, too.

qldCQDs.jpg

Just had a MFRB arrive absolutely packed full of goodness from wiri wiri.  Was totally blown away by her thoughtfulness and generosity.

Rocoto and Aji Panca pastes, craft beer mustard - I've never actually put mustard in my craft beer before, but heck, I'm willing to try  ;)  - whiskey maple bbq sauce, Matouk's West Indian hot sauce, Pequin powder. 

Fresh ripe seed-peppers for Shishito, Hot Thai Spezzano, Aji Guyana, Poblano, and (authentic) Wiri Wiri.  Dried pods for Chacoense, Tolito, SBS Purple Ornamental, Ulupica La Paz/Eximium, and Rhomboidium, plus Bear Claw tomato seeds.  And as though that wasn't too much already, a very nice bonchi planter that will definitely be put to good use - this will be a big upgrade from my usual DIY Tupperware bonchi planters!

THP doesn't have a font-size big enough for a proper

Thanks Wiri, PPATB!

20191121 WW8C.jpg

It must be my week, because today's mail just arrived and with it seeds all the way from lespaulde in Denmark.  Now I'm set with Numex Yellow and Orange Spice, Sugar Rush Peach, KS Lemon Scotch Bonnet, Rocoto Montufar (which somehow I've never grown before), and BOC.  Most of these guys are isolated too - including the BOC, which means maybe, somehow, possibly, I'll manage to grow a true BOC this coming season!

Thanks LP!  Lots of tasty pods will be coming from these!

20191123 LPSeeds.jpg

PaulG said:
Alright, lespaulde strikes again!
For myself, I am looking forward to trying
that NuMex Orange Spice Jalapeño.

Yep. LP coming through big for the PNW!

That Orange Spice is intriguing.  Numex measured the average SHU at 79K SHU's based on 10 pods from each of four plants over 3 years, compared with 25K SHU's for the Lemon Spice.  I'm really curious whether that heat will replicate in our climate.

CaneDog said:

Yep. LP coming through big for the PNW!
No kidding   :party: Erv da man. Erv da man.
That Orange Spice is intriguing.  Numex measured the average SHU at 79K SHU's based on 10 pods from each of four plants over 3 years, compared with 25K SHU's for the Lemon Spice.  I'm really curious whether that heat will replicate in our climate.

Lower heat wouldn't bother me too much.
Kind of what I expect, with our climate   :rolleyes:

I just hope it tastes like the descriptions. Sounds
delicious from what I have read online.

You're both very welcome! Just returning the favors! ;)

I think our climate is not too much different from yours, and it surprises me every time how HOT HOT HOT the orange spice is. I'm also very curious how it measures up against the lemon spice and it will be exciting growing them next to each other.

Happy they made it across the pond - I will be dropping your seeds right after Xmas

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

PtMD989 hit me hard right where it hurts so good!
A nice selection of wilds. I am not sure what the
Bolivia SSE is. Need to do some research.

The Haskorea powder he included is spot on. Nice
heat and flavor, and awesome color. The seeds at
the upper right are Haskorea - it will definitely be
on my list for 2020!

A thousand thanks and shout out to Bryan!
Thanks, for the great seed swap!
DCB052BA-B159-4321-93EF-5F05713A52D2.jpeg

CaneDog said:
Just had a MFRB arrive absolutely packed full of goodness from wiri wiri.  Was totally blown away by her thoughtfulness and generosity.

Rocoto and Aji Panca pastes, craft beer mustard - I've never actually put mustard in my craft beer before, but heck, I'm willing to try  ;)  - whiskey maple bbq sauce, Matouk's West Indian hot sauce, Pequin powder. 

Fresh ripe seed-peppers for Shishito, Hot Thai Spezzano, Aji Guyana, Poblano, and (authentic) Wiri Wiri.  Dried pods for Chacoense, Tolito, SBS Purple Ornamental, Ulupica La Paz/Eximium, and Rhomboidium, plus Bear Claw tomato seeds.  And as though that wasn't too much already, a very nice bonchi planter that will definitely be put to good use - this will be a big upgrade from my usual DIY Tupperware bonchi planters!

THP doesn't have a font-size big enough for a proper

Thanks Wiri, PPATB!

attachicon.gif
20191121 WW8C.jpg
Always a pleasure to share especially with someone who readily gives of his time& shares seeds and plants etc. with us here as CD
does frequently.His knowledge base of wilds & others really is remarkable and many of us learn from him.If you grow wilds or contemplating
such an endeavor his glog will be very helpful.You should read it & gain valuable info., beyond your "WILDESS IMAGINATION"
On this Thanksgiving Day we should be thankful for people like CD who make this a great forum to learn & grow from. ;)

PtMD989 shared some more wild varieties.
I am now officially agonizing over selections
for the 2020 season. More than generous, as
always - big shout out __o/ !
03ADD6B9-D3C7-4583-830F-5A5CEA6C8308.jpeg

There are some CAP 691 as well which avoided
being in the photo somehow ; )

Back