• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

PtMD989 said:
Hey Reggie, now the worlds awaits for your next wave of Aussie inspired poetry [emoji16][emoji106]. ( you know, in your spare time)[emoji16]. Stay Safe Brutha!
PPATFB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the props and well wishes! Yes - my mind is clicking toward some prose, and the "clincher" is obvious (at least in my mind) given the Kangaroo balls and all, "Australia" rhymes with "genitalia" I just gotta fill in the lead-up. Swirling around now, when it hits, I will post it. The book however, has given me inspiration in a totally different direction. Opened up a box I never before realized existed. 

I am thankful beyond words. I deal with sh*t for a living. You guys/gals have blessed me so, and I hesitate to make mention of names for fear I may accidentally leave someone out. I reckon those people know who they are. I do - in fact, count my blessings.

When the lightening strikes, PtMD989, I will run it by you first, lest I embarrass myself in open forum.

:cheers:

thanks again.

Reggie

There are no words...

But I'll do what I can.

Still won't be enough...

There was a package delivered to my house yesterday. Inside was filled with an assortment of examples of the extraordinary thoughtfulness, generosity and camaraderie this damned site exhibits regularly...16 lbs and 12 oz worth, to be more precise. I am going to be overwhelmed by this for some time ever...PPATB.

Our own Iron Mike, MikeUSMC, who I've never physically met nor even chatted with on the phone, went to the work, trouble and expense of putting the following together to send me, and I am humbled by it:

He included some of his favorite Kosmos products, a brand I have bookmarked on my pc because he recommends it. I was saving pennies for an order, this alone would be over the top,
Iron Mike Kosmos.jpg

...but no...

He thought I'd like to try some of his local favorites too...again, this guy is just too much.
Iron Mike Favorites.jpg

But he wasn't done. He included a few bottles of himself. I've seen these labels on threads all over the site, never thought I'd have one in my hot little hooks...And that salt? Market that, Mike. Seriously. We sprinkled the stuff on some frozen Ore-Ida steak fries last night and the buzz that salt created was orbital!
Iron Mike Selfies.jpg

It's a well known scientific fact that the physical act of barbecue or smoking without a great beer in the cooks hand is not only illegal in most states but is detrimental to the outcome of the cook itself. Mike was loathe to allow me to suffer that damned Fat Tire any longer...These are chillin' in my 32.5 degree beer fridge until the coals go on again...I think a pork belly next, yes? I'll need mentoring, now I have your number, Mike ( the guy texted me just as I approached the package on my stoop to assure safe re-entry), you and Rob will very likely be tapped for advice...
Iron Mike IPA.jpg

And not the least of his gifts, Mike included a keychain pepper "snifter", I can now sneak a higher grade of spice into any restaurant, hot dog stand or taco shop I patronize...What a frickin' cool idea!!
Iron Mike Spice Keychain.jpg

And what still has me choked up about all these wonderful sauces, rubs, mops, salts and STICKERS was the FOUR PAGE letter he included, chock full of ideas and favorite uses and even a regret that he ran out of room in the damned box!! You can't bottle this kind of cool, I am so honored to know you, Mike!

The Darlin' Bride has allowed me ONE shelf in ONE cabinet for my spices and sundries...it simply will no longer do...
Stetto's Spice Shelf.jpg

I now have a BBQ toolbox on my shopping list.

Mike, like when I started this post, there are no words, none that measure up, for sure. Thank you so much, man. We be cookin' now!!

PPATB!!!

stettoman,

Heads-up on Iron Mike's sauces... go easy, dip your toe in the water first. I arrogantly tried a heaping tablespoon (my first try) once just before leaving for the gym. It was so hot, wrecked me so badly, folks at the gym were asking me if I was "alright?" They assumed I had been crying over some "personal issue" or something. My belly was so full of water, no way in hell could I work out, so I left kinda embarrassed. True story... Great stuff - but "great God!" 

Word to the wise.

WarrantMan said:
Heads-up on Iron Mike's sauces...
A34E11BB-401D-4009-8438-4856AB5413A9.jpeg

I cant believe I forgot to post these. Happened over a week ago...

Every time I order something from Reggie, he can never seem to get my order right ;)
He always packs the box with way more shit than I ordered :lol:

0A91C5D1-6F3A-453C-A2A3-1D306410010A.jpeg

30A61DB4-9207-43FD-ABB8-532AE8F77812.jpeg

DF05F28C-AC19-41FB-8F32-CC3E87D47D59.jpeg

Bunch of sauces to get my stir fry on, an awesome Glock hat, even some candy for my kids! :cheers:
D366FBDF-9159-4B50-90E8-DB572D0CAFAF.jpeg

A5BE93C2-D733-451B-8083-BB643EE4B029.jpeg

And one of the funniest freakin T-shirts Ive seen in a long time :rofl:
17024862-DBD7-45CB-8FAD-202A5119E549.jpeg

Youre the man, Reggie! Thanks a million, and stay safe out there, bud!
:cheers:

PPATB

Yeah Mike, that Reggie might make a GREAT hotsauce and be the coolest dude ridin' the flashy-light black-n-white, but he has real issues with his profit margins...

Speaking of above/beyond/gracious/PPATB vendors, I told of an experience at a local box store where I struck up a conversation with a cashier about things spicy, and lo&behold she tells me that her boyfriend was a Pure Evil enthusiast...In a small sparsely populated area like this it's kind of, well, shocking when you have these type of run-ins....

So of course I come running to tell Ann the Salsa Lady of the connection I made, and she was duly impressed. The Small World gene is strong with that one! Last week I ordered a few bottles of her NOT SOLD ONLINE sauces, and she put these in the box to give to that cashier and her boyfriend--
TexasCreekYummy4.jpg

I plan on going to town Monday morning, I'll let y'all know how it goes....

The box was full of Texas Creek YumYum, sauces I didn't know she made and surely might never have found here if it weren't for Pookie's thread on starting a co-op, where I discovered that she had an award winning steak sauce. I am not very good at checking all the rooms and threads on this page (or any others, for that matter), and I'd missed an ad Ann posted a couple Superbowls ago with a number of sauces on sale. After what seemed like minutes of begging and flattering and playing the self pity card, she acquiesced and allowed me to purchase from what is obviously a shrinking inventory...
TexasCreekYummy2.jpg

The small bottle on the right was an extra she included, and I opened first--Man! This girl has a gift!! It has an intriguing fruit primary that gets your attention first, and an even, smooth yet non-intrusive heat that wears really long and comfortably on the palate...then again, I'll have to save the review for the proper thread, but yikes! Good stuff, SL!! Can't wait to try the others!! Thanks so much!!

Oh....the firearm....Well, the mail lady showed up while I was plinking and sighting in my latest build, it just seemed like a good backdrop. So no, it wasn't part of the package....

PPATB!!

I dropped the Pure Evil and the Ghost Fire on Tuesday (she wasn't working on Monday)...She was mighty surprised, and promised to send SL a selfie with her and Jonas with the product. Nice people...

She had an interesting initiation story: Apparently Jonas purchased the 16 million Scoville stuff....as would be par for the region, his first taste was two drops on a bratwurst. Nothin' says learnin' like doin'....There's more, but let it suffice to say that he did NOT give a bite to the dog.... :shame:

A package arrived at my doorstep from some Polak (His surname ended in a winter sport -Chebalowski - Hemalowski -  Kozłowski - or something like that.... After the fire department used a non-toxic fire suppression concoction because of the smoke from spontaneous ignition... I was able to salvage a few items and I especially can't wait to try some smokey smellin' stuff from GYP or GIP (Not sure as the ink smeared from the fire dept.......

tenor.gif

Back