• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Pepper Pete's Devil Dare Ya

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Pepper Pete's Devil Dare Ya
Company: The Pepper Source
Member: Pepper Pete
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients: Fresh habaneros and other selected peppers, distilled vinegar, raisins, and natural spices.

First Impression
I was excited to try this sauce when I saw the ingredients. I use raisins a lot myself in my homemade sauces. The aroma was strikingly familiar, so I was pretty sure I was gonna dig it.

Taste
I took a small taste and was immediately impressed. The sweet hits before the heat. I actually can't believe there is no added sugar. All of the sweetness apparently comes from the raisins. You'll also pucker slightly as the vinegar to sweetness ratio makes it a tad pungent. Very nice balance.

Heat
The heat hits about a second and a half after the initial taste and builds up to a satisfying level for heat lovers. I need to get some sort of scale going for heat levels, but until then, I'll leave it at that.

Applications
Goes great with BBQ. I poured this atop a half rack of ribs and man... perfect! Usually I eat ribs when I'm out, and the hot sauces available don't go well with the ribs. If you like to add hot sauce to your ribs, try this one out. I think it could also replace any steak sauce you've got in your refrigerator. A well-rounded sauce.

Overall
A new favorite for me. I feel as if I filled out a custom sauce order form and they sent this to me, cuz this is something I would ask for. Well done!

Accolades
Scovie winner. See picture below.

Next up: Pepper Pete's Mean & Green

Attachments

• Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 127
  • ddyaward.jpg
    ddyaward.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 141
I just ordered five bottles of Pepper Pete's sauces. I am a hooked. They are great!

Thanks!

The Pepper Source is having a Happy Holidays Sale. It starts
Friday 12/8/2006 thru Monday 12/11/2006. Everything will be 15% off. Some items maybe more. You will just have to check us out to find out. Stock up on your last minute stocking stuffers or gifts for employees, mail man, garbage man, etc.

Merry Christmas
The Pepper Source

Just got my sauces in special holiday wrapping. Nice.

Great sauce

I tried this sauce down in Texas have to say it has a great yasye to it>Had to buy two one for the collection and one for my frid.

Back