• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Pepper Pete's Mean & Green

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Pepper Pete's Mean & Green
Company: The Pepper Source
Member: Pepper Pete
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients: Fresh roasted jalapenos peppers and other selected peppers, distilled vinegar, fresh garlic, natural spices.

First Impression
The first thing I noticed was the consistency. It's thick and chunky for a hot sauce, like a hot dog relish. Hey that just gave me an idea. This would be killer on hot dogs! I usually eat my hot dogs with jalapenos, and sometimes relish. I've gotta try this on dogs!

Taste
I love that the jalapenos (and other peppers) are roasted. There's bits of charred skin speckled within the sauce, and even, what appear to be, charred seeds. They're like little black peppercorns that add a burst of heat when you bite into them. I wasn't sure if I liked them in the sauce at first, they sort of disrupt the consistency, but I think they add dimension to this sauce and show what a bold and innovative sauce maker we have here. The garlic is a nice addition, and I like that it's fresh garlic, not roasted, since the peppers are roasted. It balances this sauce out nicely.

Heat
The heat level is what you would expect from a jalapeno sauce. Biting, but not extreme or overpowering.

Applications
The label recommends this sauce for eggs and tacos. I'd add hot dogs, quesadillas, and grilled sandwiches to that list.

Overall
A bold little green sauce packed with flavor. Check it out if you're a fan of roasted peppers.

Accolades
Multiple awards, see pictures below.

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 135
  • mgaward.jpg
    mgaward.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 126
  • gchile.jpg
    gchile.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 133
The Pepper Source is having a Happy Holidays Sale. It starts
Friday 12/8/2006 thru Monday 12/11/2006. Everything will be 15% off. Some items maybe more. You will just have to check us out to find out. Stock up on your last minute stocking stuffers or gifts for employees, mail man, garbage man, etc.

Merry Christmas
The Pepper Source

Back