• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Plant growing time frame

They finally came outta the ground almost then end of June. They're about 5" now. When or will they start growing larger? They're currently in full sun and the temp has been low 80s all week with plenty of sun, they dont seem like they're growing normal? The tomatoes are starting to out pace them now.

Patience grasshopper! Given the right growing conditions it is almost a certainty that they will grow larger. Depending on what variety they are it could be anywhere between 50-150 days until pod set.

What varieties are you growing and most importantly is there a chance of some piccies so we can give a better opinion? Besides we like piccies!

Temps in the 80's? At the moment we are having rain of monsoon proportions! Thank goodness I took notice of the forecast and moved my plants under cover. I just hope the sweet peppers don't drown!

newhotstuff said:
Jalapenos
Cali green peppers
Jamaican hot coco
Trinidad perfume
Salsa hybrid

I can see some colors when I close my eyes tightly but a few colored pixels on my monitor would sharpen the mental image considerably. :P

Silver_Surfer said:
I can see some colors when I close my eyes tightly but a few colored pixels on my monitor would sharpen the mental image considerably. :P

LMAO... Subtle....

Your conditions sound perfect, you should hit a growth spurt soon!

Back