• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Plant Problem.

This has happened for three growing seasons now. After the plant matures and about the time that the first peppers are ready to harvest the leaves start to shrink, thicken and drops most of it flowers as they are setting. Any ideas? I can post other pics if needed.
DSC02403.jpg

BTW Growing zone 9.

Get a 30X magnifier cut off the top of that plant and look down where the leaf meets the stem. My bet is on(look at the underside of the leaves if they have a bronze discoloration) MITES!!!!! The leaves shrivel cause they've been poisoned by the mites.

Yeah prehensile I am inclined to agree! If that is the case then a few strong treatments of neem seed oil should do the trick.

Well well well. I broke out the jewelers loop and I got MITES, Small tiny tinny white ones. I've been going crazy trying to figure this out from soil PH, too much or not enough Nitrogen to too much or too little water. Now it's time to break out the Spinosad and kill the dirty rotten sap suckers. :hell:

Thank you all very very much!!!

Back