• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Plant Problems !

Here Are Some Pictures of the problems i have pepper plants look burned and burned just dissapointed overall they were sprayed with sevin about a 1 month and a half ago and after that they were sprayed with a foliar spray with mg bloom about a week after the sevin now this ? i think there is a problem with mites maybe on 1 plant the flower blooms nicely then just drys up literally in 1 picture you could clearly see any help very much appreciated

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/stevene281/library/?view=recent

Not having seen the "before" pictures, we can only really guess. But here are things that come to mind. Mites or aphids can cause that, yes. But so can overwatering, whether it be from you overwatering or too much rain. The leaves that exist seem rather yellow, which is most commonly caused by overwatering. Overwatering will also ultimately cause leaves to fall off and the plant can basically "drown." 

So let us know how much you're watering. I realize you're in Houston (my home town), and in the heat of the summer it may be tempting to water too much - the plants will stress in the heat, and the leaves may droop, but the plants may actually have enough water in the pots. What signs are you using to gauge when to water? The best indicator I've found is the weight of the pots and plants. In non-ultra-heat times, the leaves slightly drooping is a good sign. But once the heat ramps up, drooping is going to happen regardless. So pick up the pots (just a little) every day to see how heavy they are right after you water. They should be significantly lighter by the time you water again. 

Back