• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Pepper plant seedling... OR... just a weed. Opinions sought

Hi all,

In a gifted Charapita(which taste great) there is new growth in the pot. I am wondering if it is a weed, or perhaps a volunteer seedling. The leaves do not look like any weeds I am familiar with but I am also not familiar with baby Charapita seedlings, since I was gifted this plant when it was mature. Posting a photo here to get a consensus. So far I have two "maybes." Be great if it was a volunteer.

What do you think?

seedling1charapita.jpg

EDIT: Posted a couplemore photos. The leaf tips do look similar... or that could be my imagination. :crazy:

Here are some mature leaves. The small leaves above are similar to the smallest below.
babypepperbx800.jpg

And here is a shot of the seedling in the plant next to the adult
babypeppermaybex600.jpg

Hi all,

In a gifted Charapita(which taste great) there is new growth in the pot. I am wondering if it is a weed, or perhaps a volunteer seedling. The leaves do not look like any weeds I am familiar with but I am also not familiar with baby Charapita seedlings, since I was gifted this plant when it was mature. Posting a photo here to get a consensus. So far I have two "maybes." Be great if it was a volunteer.

What do you think?

seedling1charapita.jpg
The leaves don't resemble those of any Capsicum I've seen. It definitely doesn't look like the Yellow Fire plant I grew from seed last season.

The leaves don't resemble those of any Capsicum I've seen. It definitely doesn't look like the Yellow Fire plant I grew from seed last season.

Also meant to add that this plant was grown around 100 other different types. So was wondering if also possible a different pepper

Back