• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Pepper Seedlings Bottom Leaves

Last night I found a banana pepper seedling wilting a little in my grow room.  I picked the container up and it felt light.  I bottom watered it in a flat.  I checked on it a little later and it bounced back but I noticed a film on the lower leaves that appeared brown and powder like.  I have over 50 sweet and hot pepper seedlings in there so I did a quick search to see if there were more affected and found none.  The plant was isolated.  Its time to move the seedlings to the greenhouse today and I used glasses and a headlamp and found just about every sweet pepper with the same stuff on it.  I searched around here and google and cant figure out if its Powdery Mildew or Edema. 

Any ideas what this is and a fix?   Thank You!!!

hrws5hZ.jpg

Looks like an case of Edema to me. I got some plants with the same issue, although not as bad as yours. Don't worry to much, just take it easy on the watering and nutrients for a while.

Thanks Meatfreak!!  I just threw them all in the greenhouse.  I'll wait for them to cry out loud before watering!!  Did I tell y'all how much I hate this site??  I'm addicted and all I think about now are peppers!!  My life is ruined.......

Back