• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Tasting List

So I've finally gotten some friends together and we are gonna meet and begin a mission to taste peppers and work are way up to 1 million Scotts!

I'm curious as to the list YOU would put together if you was on this mission. There does not need to be only 4 peppers on the list nor 190132901290 peppers, just what you think would make a list complete are far as heat taste goes.

I hope this is understandable to all.

So far im loving the list, I've very interested to see more peoples opinions, I think this is gonna turn out to be a very good thread!

How about this list.

Pimento
Poblano
Jalapeno
Serrano
Cayenne
Lemon drop
Thai
Harolds st barts
Caribbean red
Fatalii
Naga morich
Bhut Jolkia
Trinidad Scorpion

Matt Berry said:
How about this list.

Pimento
Poblano
Jalapeno
Serrano
Cayenne
Lemon drop
Thai
Harolds st barts
Caribbean red
Fatalii
Naga morich
Bhut Jolkia
Trinidad Scorpion

^I like your list, though I would add Yellow Scotch Bonnet to it as well. ;)

And I thought Caribbean Reds were hotter than Fatalii's.. o_O

imaguitargod said:
That's alot of Scottish people to taste! :shocked: I'm curious, did you place a craigs list ad to fidn all those Scotts?
tisk tisk, YOU really think im that stupid????

I will never share the secretts with u....

You know for some reason there isn't a whole lot of peppers that I like in the range between jalapenos and habaneros. Well there's frenos and serranos but they are close to jals and there's pequins and tepins, but they just aren't my favorites for flavor, although the original question I guess was only really about heat.
I'd also say that generally all the nagas, bhuts, 7's and scorpions are quite close in heat so you don't need to really try them all in your taste test but if you're insane like most people here you'll eat them all:)

bannana
anaheim
poblano
serrano
jalapeno
long hot
angkor sunrise (tabasco)
habanero
fatalii
these three in whatevr order
scorpion,jolokia,7pod
havent tried a whole pod of either of these soo can't put in any order seems people think scorpion is hotter than jolokia.

Noshownate said:
bannana
anaheim
poblano
serrano
jalapeno
long hot
angkor sunrise (tabasco)
habanero
fatalii
these three in whatevr order
scorpion,jolokia,7pod
havent tried a whole pod of either of these soo can't put in any order seems people think scorpion is hotter than jolokia.

this seems like a nice list. I may use this one

Back