• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Pepper thieves at the community garden

The saddest thing is that I am sure the community would kick in an over abundance for the asking instead of the "guest" pilfering the plots. You got me thinking now. I guess I am lucky that the wild animals only eat what they NEED! And that is only when we have a dry spell and they need water. Good luck with the human rat countermeasures!

Alpha posted this:
The positive experience from the community garden, far outweighs the pilferage.

The positive experience with the other gardeners moslty makes up for the theft. However . . . . . 'they' started removing my blushing tomatoes so I sprayed many of the remaining blushing ones with hot pepper spray. So far only 4 have been removed - maybe they weren't happy with the taste!!

In any event, community gardens and their solitude make my day a little brighter.

Alpha and Cath, imagine leaving a bumper crop of zuke, summer squash, eggplant, brussels sprouts, butternut, cukes, and all of the other out of control crops in nicely packaged bags... No one would touch them! So hunger is no excuse!

Keep the faith.

"And yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you."

Alpha - any updates on your garden/harvest?

Update on my neck of the woods - little theft until now, but it's harvest time, for the most part. Have given away most of the veggies for the past 2 weeks as my freezer is full and ready for winter. Have been trying to save seeds from most of the plants, though someone slashed most of the broccoli plants again and left everything on the ground. Good for compost anyway.

The superhots are finally beginning to produce ripe pods with little pilferage. I've been offering them to a few friends and only one has accepted - and he made some mean turkey vegetable soup from the veggies I gave him. Good and hot.

Alpha - any updates on your garden/harvest?

Update on my neck of the woods - little theft until now, but it's harvest time, for the most part. Have given away most of the veggies for the past 2 weeks as my freezer is full and ready for winter. Have been trying to save seeds from most of the plants, though someone slashed most of the broccoli plants again and left everything on the ground. Good for compost anyway.

The superhots are finally beginning to produce ripe pods with little pilferage. I've been offering them to a few friends and only one has accepted - and he made some mean turkey vegetable soup from the veggies I gave him. Good and hot.

Lots of good news to report as far as the Community Garden and all the other growing activities. No further issues.Lots of favorable visitors.
Talk of expansion and a broader scope.... Updated our Grow Log with some harvest photos and culinary attempts.

We will be a full participant in our Community Garden for 2013!

Back