• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepperfreak's 2010 Season kicks off

I have just planted 216 seeds today. I got all of my super-hots, mild and sweet peppers all going now. I'm planning on starting my tomatoes later, probably next month sometime.

Unlike AJ, I don't have a germination chamber per se...However, my grow room acts as a germination chamber.

Here's a tour...
My grow shelves
February2010032.jpg

My work station
February2010033.jpg

I control the lights with an automatic timer, which makes controlling them so much easier, plus there is a battery backup so that the program isn't lost if there is a power outage.
February2010031.jpg

I also control the heat with an automatic thermostat and this allows me to be able to set high temp and low temp times. I like to fluctuate the temps a little between day and night.
February2010030.jpg

Way cool setup PF!

Do I see Costco wire shelving? And what's on the walls?

Nice setup PF, Is that epsom salt I spy? I also have a fondness for the Mag Sulf. when I till my garden in. Again very nice setup

Are you making a funny or is your foot feeling better? Wow it sure is bright in there, leo with a grow room. I am cracking myself up over here. Looking real nice Paul and good luck don't trip and fall installing more lights!

salsalady said:
Way cool setup PF!

Do I see Costco wire shelving? And what's on the walls?

Thanks HSL, no I got those shelves from The Shelving Store online. All of the wire shelves I found in the stores around here where too narrow to be able to accomidate my trays without overhanging.

wayright said:
Nice setup PF, Is that epsom salt I spy? I also have a fondness for the Mag Sulf. when I till my garden in. Again very nice setup

Thanks...yep, that is epsom salt and I love that stuff.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:

Are you making a funny or is your foot feeling better? Wow it sure is bright in there, leo with a grow room. I am cracking myself up over here. Looking real nice Paul and good luck don't trip and fall installing more lights!

PRF, I was kind of making a pun and am glad you picked up on it. :lol: The foot is healing and I'm in PT now. As for my grow room, well...that is kind of a running joke around the office. I have told anyone and everyone that I work with they are all welcome to take a free tour, to make sure it is all legal, but have to be willing to sample 3 peppers of my choosing. :D

mel said:
very impressive!! looks like you're off to a good start!

Thanks, mel. This is the second year that I have used this room and I must say it is a far cry from where I started, in a small closet.

and the walls???

patrick said:
Looks professional Pfreak. Can't wait to see the shelves full.

Thanks patrick. I'm sure that in a few weeks time I'll be swimming in pepper plants.

jjs7741 said:
Everything looks great. I wish I had a room dedicated to growing........

jacob

jacob, I started out in a small closet, that i quickly outgrew in the first season. I then converted this old storage room in my basement and love working in it, I now have room for everything all in one place. Plus, I get to hide out down there and have some alone time with my plants.

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
PF,

Now I am sure , very sure that my seeds are in very good hands.
I bless them.

NJA

NJA, I am planning on planting the seeds you sent me tomorrow, that's another 72 seeds/plants :lol:

Hey Pfreak. Nice set up and 216 seeds to start HS!. Do you find the reflectix helps out a lot with holding extra heat in the room? Is this the first year using it?
have a great growing season.

madhatter said:
Hey Pfreak. Nice set up and 216 seeds to start HS!. Do you find the reflectix helps out a lot with holding extra heat in the room? Is this the first year using it?
have a great growing season.

This is the second year using the reflectix and it is awesome! It makes keeping my room at temp so much easier. next year I'll have it stapled to the celling too, but since this room is right over the living room, it isn't too bad now.

Very impressive indeed!

Good thing you let your work buddies know... wouldn't want any anonymous tip-offs from the neighbours! hehehe

gasificada said:
Very impressive indeed!

Good thing you let your work buddies know... wouldn't want any anonymous tip-offs from the neighbours! hehehe

:lol: Actually, the only way they would get a tip off would be from the power company. :lol: That room is windowless now.

boutros said:
That room is sick! And I remember the pics from last year. Still impressive!

I wish you well on your season!

Thanks boutros. I hope sick you mean cool. :cool:

I almost forgot, I have a remote weather station in the room that displays the temp and room humidity. I can monitor the temp from sitting on the couch, which is nice since it alleviates having to hop up and down the stairs multiple times a day.

Back