• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Pepperlover.com's Brown Moruga Scorpion review!!!

This pepper was extremely hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swFkcvgntPI&feature=youtu.be

Subscribe to my page if these new peppers interest you.

Another NEW pepper from Pepperlover.com tomorrow!

All the best,

Carney

Nice with no milk etc, chew it up nice and good for 30 seconds to get the full effect.

I think I popped it in at 1:43 and swallowed at 2:13...it was unintentional, but it was actually 30 seconds of chewing it up good. I loved it. I had two glasses of milk there because I wasn't trying to be a hero. I didn't drink them only because I was able to handle it and milk may have ruined the taste.

Nice review of the pepper!

Thanks for the review James…
You are right about the heat building slowly and last for while in the stomach … sometimes the pain for days…
Like always amazing reviews…

7777406416_bd9f72b24b_z.jpg

alot of oil inside...

7777407158_bdc42b6d9a_z.jpg

Awesome review!!

The million dollar question – when will the seeds be available to the general public?

I'm working on a killer Morouga Red Scorpion right now with pods almost the size of a tennis balls. I have only one plant and waiting for the pods to ripen. I'm hoping to have one available for a review. Who knows, it might be powerful enough to take down an elephant. Time will tell.

Excellent review James! You have one heck of a tolerance my friend. I cannot wait to review that bad boy. Hopefully I'll be getting mine in the mail tomorrow (crossing my fingers).

I'm always excited about pods that have a great combination of heat and flavor. From your review, it sounds like this certainly has it. Ted said he got a hint of cinnamon. Did you notice that at all?

Thanks Judy! This has been a painful pleasure!

No, no cinnamon for me...a whole lot of juice and a whole lot of fruity taste...but everyone tastes things differently...but I certainly didn't taste cinnamon.

Nice review that pod is EPIC

I disagree about the Primo I don't think the heat is even close. But we all feel things differently. I will say that Moruga destroyed me

I thought the primo was very hot, but I literally had the 7-Pot Yellow, the 7-Pot Burgundy, and then the Primo all within about 35 minutes of each other. I have not been doing this as long as you, I am not sure if the capsaicin receptors would be more sensitive after the two prior superhots (not to mention the 2 milds 5 minutes before the 7-Pot Yellow). So I'll reserve judgment on the Primo until I try it on it's own day.

How do you think the Brown Moruga compared to the HP22B in heat? Flavor? You got a cinnamon flavor with the Brown Moruga? I'll have to try it again as I didn't get that at all.

Not only do we all feel things differently, but all pods are different, as I mentioned in the video. Mine could have been like your Brown Moruga's kid sister, who knows?

All the best,

Carney

i agree with you ted.... this pepper gives u pain that will last for hours... days...

also the time when the pods are picked are differnet.... ... tepms.. water.... stage of growing.... also your own body... the food you ate before... other peppers you ate... before...

different ppl respond to same pepper different ways...

Hey James - Fellow Nutmegger here. I work in Hamden as well. Welcome

Luckydog, that's awesome. Hey do grow peppers as well, or just enjoy them? If so, any tips for this climate? Do you get your worm castings online or do you know a local seller. It seems I'm sticking mostly to online retailers and Agway for my other needs.

Nice to meet someone local on the board.

All the best,

Carney

Thanks for the review James…
You are right about the heat building slowly and last for while in the stomach … sometimes the pain for days…
Like always amazing reviews…

7777406416_bd9f72b24b_z.jpg

alot of oil inside...

7777407158_bdc42b6d9a_z.jpg

Hey Judy,

I am scared for today's (or tomorrow's) review. The other trademark you sent me might be one of the scariest and beautiful things I have ever seen. The devil's tongue will be a refreshing break, I think.

Yes I grow them as well. Best tip is to start early (Jan. - Feb.) and plant out after Mothers Day. I dont use worm castings I use primarily Pro-Mix BX with Mycorrhizae - I supplement with a pelltized fert some magnesium and dark molasses thats about it. Peppers grow well with next to nothing in terms of additional ferts. just need a good base soil. I also plant in pots. I stay away from Agway in terms of vegies as I have had purchased some tomatoes and Jalapeno one time that turned out to have a blight that wiped virtually everything I was growing. Stick around make friends and you will be surprised what seeds you can get especially at the end of the season.

I work near ext 40 BTW

I thought the primo was very hot, but I literally had the 7-Pot Yellow, the 7-Pot Burgundy, and then the Primo all within about 35 minutes of each other. I have not been doing this as long as you, I am not sure if the capsaicin receptors would be more sensitive after the two prior superhots (not to mention the 2 milds 5 minutes before the 7-Pot Yellow). So I'll reserve judgment on the Primo until I try it on it's own day.

How do you think the Brown Moruga compared to the HP22B in heat? Flavor? You got a cinnamon flavor with the Brown Moruga? I'll have to try it again as I didn't get that at all.

Not only do we all feel things differently, but all pods are different, as I mentioned in the video. Mine could have been like your Brown Moruga's kid sister, who knows?

All the best,

Carney

I honestly would review everyone of those pods again. This time wait 1 day between reviews. As soon as you ate the 1st pod a lot of the receptors shutdown and dulled down the experience for the other pods. I have my own rules I follow. I only do one review a day unless its something stupid and not a true review. After I do something extremely hot I suck on ice for a few hours and that for some reason helps awaken my receptors for the next time. BAck in the day I would wait 3 days and sometimes I still do that. It can take weeks for all the receptors to awaken. Example after I eat a Butch T I cannot even feel a really hot "hot sauce" . About the flavor of that pod I tell people what i'm tasting at that exact moment. I would be lying if I could tell you what I tasted now because I try so many things. After I have had something multiple time I can describe it better when someone asks me. Ed has a ton of "different" Hp22B strains and a lot of people don't know that. The "Brown Moruga" was much hotter than the "HP22B A Strain" I tried. And that A strain is the Carolina Reaper.For me to say the B Moruga was hotter than the G Strain of the Hp22B or another one that I I cant say that they both destroyed me. I will say the stomach pain was horrible. i'm getting old LOL and this is all taking a toll on me. Im looking forward to fall and the sauce reviews =) People cant take what we say and do as the final answer because none of us are the same. But trust me when I say this. Give a day OR TWO between reviews and you will see a huge difference. Im sure Judy will send more pods to you to review.

I honestly would review everyone of those pods again. This time wait 1 day between reviews. As soon as you ate the 1st pod a lot of the receptors shutdown and dulled down the experience for the other pods. I have my own rules I follow. I only do one review a day unless its something stupid and not a true review. After I do something extremely hot I suck on ice for a few hours and that for some reason helps awaken my receptors for the next time. BAck in the day I would wait 3 days and sometimes I still do that. It can take weeks for all the receptors to awaken. Example after I eat a Butch T I cannot even feel a really hot "hot sauce" . About the flavor of that pod I tell people what i'm tasting at that exact moment. I would be lying if I could tell you what I tasted now because I try so many things. After I have had something multiple time I can describe it better when someone asks me. Ed has a ton of "different" Hp22B strains and a lot of people don't know that. The "Brown Moruga" was much hotter than the "HP22B A Strain" I tried. And that A strain is the Carolina Reaper.For me to say the B Moruga was hotter than the G Strain of the Hp22B or another one that I I cant say that they both destroyed me. I will say the stomach pain was horrible. i'm getting old LOL and this is all taking a toll on me. Im looking forward to fall and the sauce reviews =) People cant take what we say and do as the final answer because none of us are the same. But trust me when I say this. Give a day OR TWO between reviews and you will see a huge difference. Im sure Judy will send more pods to you to review.

Every other time I gave a day or two...I just didn't want the pods to go bad. It sounds like my issue is the opposite. The Primo was the last I tried and it burned more...it didn't dull it...it made me more sensitive. Thanks for the advice, I am never doing multiple peppers on the same day again unless it is two of the same pepper.

All the best,

Carney

Back