• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

peppers leaves folded upwards

i didnt see any aphids on the leaves could it be from the cold earlier in the month when it got to like +3 celcius?

I think mine are doing that from time to time too. I assume it is because they are thirsty because it seems like after a good watering they are back to normal in a few hours or the next morning.

A couple of mine were doing that today. I started hardening off my late started pepper plants and a couple curled up from the sides. I didn't see any signs of bugs whatsoever, and I did water them today before I put them out. I don't know. They seem ok though.

ok ill put pictures tommorow its not from not enough water though they were like that for like a week and a half

I just found out that the couple the were curling upwards on the edges were the ones that had a little bit of sundamage. (Seems like everytime I harden them off I get a little.) Are your leaves really green?

they seem like they are starting to get better a little bit now ill guess it was from being cold :P

but just two plants i have are kind of yellowing what do i do for that, iron?

Mine were yellowing on my other plants a while ago. If your not overwatering them it's got a deficiency. Ones possibly nitrogen, but there's another that can do that as well. It wouldn't be iron though. I just gave my plants a watering with a basic all purpose plant food mixed with some epsom salts. It brought there color right back. Just be careful not to overdue it. To much fert is bad as well.

ok heres some pictures.... bad quality..

cayanne
img0005nl3.jpg

that one has leaves folded up a bit its a cayenne pepper the peppers are growing real slowly, it has about 3 peppers right now but they only grew to about half an inch in a week and a half, they are growing though...

habanero pepper i got yesterday the leaves are twisted a bit and it has some aphids on the bottom of the leaves not too many though
img0016yx3.jpg

this one looks the worst its a aneheim pepper leaves look yellowish.
img0005zs6.jpg

also my super chili plant not in any of the pictures has peppers that flower then the flowers fall off but the peppers dont grow at all

also not all the plants i have look this bad :(

yeah the plants seem to be getting better now, They haven't been in the ground very long yet.

For taking pictures i should have used my better camera but i used my cheap video camera because its easier to use :P,i thought the pictures would be better then that though..

Back