• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers turning brown

I did more searching online and also think it's blossom end rot too. I might try to use tums and ground egg shells hope it helps.

That's why I'm going to use tums with the egg shells. I figured the powdered tums will work fast and the eggs will be long term.

All my peppers are planted in the same soil mix so I think I should treat them all. Or should I wait to see how the others do?

I would give all some water soluble calcium nitrate and epsom salts (mag) to address the problem quickly. All my plants get this upon planting out, and a few times during the season as needed. Make sure to follow directions and not go too heavy.

I recommend epsom salt which you can buy at walmart for 3$ use 2 teaspoons to a gallon of water and mix well. I also reccommend a product called Garden Dust that's made by a company called Bondie you can buy it at lows for 6$ and you can apply it to you're pepper plants and it will kill all bacteria and keep bugs and cure fungus! If you have any other questions message me I'd be glad to help!

Back