Peppers

hey guys. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to send me some peppers or sauces for me to do reviews on. I can't get my hands on any peppers at the moment and hot sauces are to expensive. If anyone wants me to review their peppers/sauces please email me for info.
erricedefrece@ymail.com

Errice,
You are in FL man, one hell of a great pepper growing region! Look around, there are plenty of places you can buy peppers locally. Retail sauces are not expensive in larger supermarkets. Tropical Pepper Co and Melinda's are just two of the good brands that are reasonable and widely available. And there are great deals listed right here on the THP, they are highest quality because they are being sold to people that know flavor, not just raw heat. just search for them.
If you are seriously a "pepermaniac" you will be growing peppers. In that case there are plenty members willing to help you get started; information, seeds etc. But do yourself a favor and read the archives of the forums! Spend some time and you can become an 'expert'.
Everyone came aboard as a 'newbe' and as such :welcome: . To just jump in and ask for pods before you establish yourself may not be all that successful. We grow our peppers like they are our 'babies' and many share them with others, but are suspicious of some who are just passing buy :drooling: .

at the moment i am trying to find pepper seeds but they won't be coming in for about another 4 weeks. i have a tiny butch t plant in a pot at the moment. it is less than 2 inches tall. ive tried to buy fresh pods but can't find anybody willing to sell them for a reasonable price.

Lots of people selling small flat rate boxes at a small flat rate price, usually anywhere from $18-$20 depending. That usually includes shipping. They're making chump change off you, totally worth it...IMO.

:welcome: From Indy. Check the classified forum ads. Peppers and seeds sold there. Some seeds for free with a SASBE or SASE.

Welcome from Wisconsin... Yea check with Ajijoe last year i fried most all my seedlings under a heat mat and contacted Ajijoe and he hooked me up and saved my season with a huge variety of seeds.

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

It's great that you're starting, even if it's just one plant. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Usually, you'll begin seeing about 3.5-4 months after sprouting, so don't be surprised if the Butch T plant begins producing by the end of the year.

And as far as seeds go, I must concur with my colleagues on here. There's some of us, such as Ajijoe, who are more than happy to help since they have tons of seeds, way too many to sell, but by and large, most of us, myself included, have no problem plunking down some money to get seeds. The Hippy Seed Company, Pepper Joe, and others, are legitimate seed companies that have good prices for their seeds. And I've gotten seeds from them in under 10 days. Several other people, like Baker's Peppers and others who sell a flat rate box of peppers for $15-20, and you definitely get what you pay for. I've bought from them several times, and gotten my peppers within 2 days.

Hey howdy from Florida!! :welcome:

As the others said, the classifieds on this site are awesome. Good variety, quality and prices... You're sure to find some real good deals there... :)

Back