• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peppin' Ain't Easy..."3/5King's 2012"

GLOG =Good Looking Older Gentlemen or maybe Got Lot's of Gas......Today I'm going to have to go with both.....TMI....I think not.

So this will be my first GLOG. Enjoy Everyone.

Grow List

Brain Strain 7
Jonah 7
Yellow 7
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Naga Morich
Chocolate Scorpion

Tepin
Pekin
White Habanero
CGN 21500
Fatalii Yellow
Fatalii White
Aji Lemon Drop
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Long Chocolate Habanero

Should have the grow area set up and seeds germing by February 15th

@Beehunter-I know the leaves are ridiculous! The grow is going really well, things are up and down, killed a lot of them from under watering multiple times. The temps have been an issue as well as some other things but all in all it is going really well. You don't like my dime huh...lol. Well look no further than the quarter sitting on the leaves now :shocked: :whistle:

Update for everyone: These are the varieties I have left from the starting list.(Started germination on February 12) I have more going on solo cups but I don't have room for them....they are just growing at the moment......lmao.

The numbers of each plant is a guess, with this list I counted 35 but I have 42. I'll go through them again later.

White Habanero-3
Long Chocolate Habanero-3
Chocolate Bhut-1
Yellow Bhut-1
Yellow Fatalii-1
Chocolate Scorpion-2
Naga Morich-4
Jonah 7 Pot-2
Brain Strain-10
CGN-21500-1
Datil-2
Pequin-1
Tepin-1
Douglah-1
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet-1
Peach Bhut-1

I have some in my home grow, but I will update that later.

Here is the greenhouse we built, it has 17 of the plants in it, they are doing awesome outside! We decided to build another one for the 25 other kids...lol. The rest are some individual plant photos.

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Long Chocolate Habanero
IMG_2007.jpg

Jonah 7 Pot
IMG_2008.jpg

Naga Morich
IMG_2010.jpg

Peach Bhut
IMG_2011.jpg

Yellow Fatalii
IMG_2013.jpg

Datil
IMG_2015.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
IMG_2020.jpg

Brain Strain
IMG_2023.jpg

That Choc Scorp leave is insane. thing looks like a dinner plate! Congrats on all the success! Are those 17 staying out there overnight? What is the temp gettting too at night there?

If you were trying to hide your plants underneath that quarter you totally failed. We can all see what's going on there.

Looking awesome!

@P-Son Hey man, thank you. I don't use the fish fertz anymore. I stopped after the second time using it. I used it and I got fungal gnats, then I used it again and they came out again. I stopped using it and I haven't seen one fugal gnat since....lol. So the decision was pretty easy. I started using Xnutrients Grow,Micro and Bloom. I also got free samples of Biofoliar and have foliar feeding with it for a while. Hard to discern if it is doing anything due to the fact that I'm using fertz too but for free, I'll try it out.

@Jamison-Yo, thanks man. They are beastin' like a mofo'! :onfire:
@Beehunter-What up Bee, thanks for followin' my buddy and I's G-log. You're always around checkin' in. I know the leaves are so freakin' big. I am so curious to see what they will look like in a couple months :eek: I put them out on Friday, April 13th and the temps have been between 59-65 during the day and around 45-50 at night. Tonight it is going to drop to around 39-40F....so I'm going to cross my fingers and see how they are in the morning. Fingers crossed bro :pray:

@Mezo-Howdy dude. Glad to see you got the seeds! Grow'em big M! I am feeding them liquid Xnutrients brand, Grow, Micro and bloom. I'm also using some sample product called Biofoliar. I've been foliar feeding with that 3 times a week. I also just started giving them some squirts of Epsom Salt (Magnesium) once a week.

@Pulpiteer- Thanks dude! Haha yeah, I was getting flack for using a dime. Next time I'm busting out the half dollar. :twisted:

@PepperJam-Dude that's my secret.....Chile boot camp bro. "Get down and give me 20....you think your hot! Your Momma was a bell pepper!"

Update: Hey peeps, my bro and I wanted to un-pot a plant and see what the roots where doing. Yikes.....and these guys have another month to go in these pots. I really wish I could pot up again. Guess we will see what happens. The plant in the pic is a BrainStrain.

Thanks for checkin' our Glog out.

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Hell yeah 3/5 King thats a healthy root system. Definately a key element to having big and vigorous plants. Looks like good times ahead for you mate.

Hey 3'5,

Your plants are adapting to this "midwest" weather pretty good, they look very healthy. I see you've grown alot of "brainstrains". Those must be your favorites as the "scotch bonnets" are mine.
Good luck with your outdoor prep, plantings just around the corner........1 more month for me

Greg

@benzo-hellz yeah indeed. I hope good things are to come. Next thing to worry about is if the garden area is going to get enough light and drain well enough.

@pic 1 yeah they are doing really well outside right now. It's pretty cold out tonight and this coming week is going to be in the 30s at night. I might have to turn the heater on in the greenhouse. I hate to do it, those heaters suck down the juice! One more month, man these guys are going to be giants by then. Really wish I could pot up but I don't have the room or the money. Hope your grow is doing well. Can't wait to see your outdoor grow! I planted a lot of brain strain bc I wanted to sell them. We will see how that goes. Thanks for stoppin' by.

Mate you sent me "Super Scorp`s" i Google`d that & couldn't find anything? someone else also asked on my Glog what they were.

Please enlighten me David.

Mezo.

@Mezo-Lol, I will let you know when I do. I got them from LunchBox and just started growing them, no questions asked. A lot of people have been asking me too. I asked him tonight a few hours ago, I'll let ya know what he says. I know it's supposed to be a Trinidad Scorpion but hotter. Thats all I know for now. I'll post something tomorrow on it hopefully.

@Mezo-Lol, I will let you know when I do. I got them from LunchBox and just started growing them, no questions asked. A lot of people have been asking me too. I asked him tonight a few hours ago, I'll let ya know what he says. I know it's supposed to be a Trinidad Scorpion but hotter. Thats all I know for now. I'll post something tomorrow on it hopefully.

He replied on my Glog earlier David, he found the post by chance & thought it was funny they had made it round the other side of the world. He said he named them Super Scorp`s as they are Super hot, but originally came from Alabama Jack.

Mezo.

@Mezo-Cool, I though he said something about changing them....IDK. But in anycase, they will probably be a cool chile to grow. :cool:

Update: I figured I haven't updated my personal grow in a while, so I will now. It's going well, and the mistakes I make at the big grow help me in my little grow. I haven't had an over watering issue, I might have over fertilized......lol. My lumens are only at around 2100sqft so the growing is slower. Could be a lot of variables because the difference between the big grow and mine is only 700 lumens...so IDK. Plus I have these boxed up, surrounded by mylar and white walls. I thought that would add for something. :think:

But in anycase I am happy with the results. They seeds were sowed 2/29/2012. So this is 49 days from seed. (also I have 3 CFL's two are 6500k and one is 2700K, this could also add to the reason they are growing slower)

I took out the cabbage I had growing in Plant Hollywood and potted up outside. The thing was a monster and taking up all my space! I will take pictures of it tomorrow, just so you guys can see it's progress. Now that it is out, I am going to pot up the ones in the little solo cups tomorrow as well.(They were sowed around March 13th I think :think: ) For now here's some pics of what's goin' down at my house.

Thanks for droppin' in peeps :D

P.S. I'm letting one of them bloom for the hell of it! I don't have enough space for all of them to get huge anyway! It's gonna get excitin' in hurr soon enough. (I started feeding the one pictured below which is a variety of chile I got from the local fresh market, some of Xnutrients Bloom, we will see if I get flower drop or not)

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

Man o Man.....everything was lookin' good on my home grow, until I fertilized that is. I over feed my kids but instead of getting obese they yellowed from the bottom up and the leaves fell off. Well this happened to about the bottom 30 percent of a few plants. It happened quick too. One day green and then I watered, the next day, yellowing like crazy and a bunch of leaves fell off.....lame. I'm going to pot them up and flush the soil. Should help out all around.

Well, here's our other greenhouse we constructed. Almost finished. Soon all of the plants will be outside hardening off. Just need a few more final touches.

I'll let ya know how the pot up goes. And by the way, this weather needs to warm the F up. These 30-40 degree nights are starting to irritate me.......mother nature....kiss my ass.....just sayin'

Hope everyone else's grows are going good!

Oh...and I've got some type of leave fungus on my plants. Any suggestions on what it is and how to get rid of it would be great. I really think it has to do with humidity plus foliar feeding. Something along those lines.....

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

From one king to another. Niceeeeee!! Plants looking healthy. I sowed same time as you. Even with lighting. My plants are still in solo cups. I guess I need to get some nutes for them.
IMG_3156.jpg

Jamaican scotch sowed 3/13... Don't really have funds to get all the good stuff. My plants are living on welfare compared to some of the guys you have....

Back